Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Banks Lake predictions? (Read 13588 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Re: Banks Lake predictions?
Reply #15 - 06/17/04 at 14:37:38
Quote Print Post  
Nick,  it isn't so much that there aren't a lot of bass in Banks it depends on the "conditions"; i.e. temp. time of year, post spawn, weather conditions, etc. as to how the fish will bite.

Do you really think that the bass you caught at Tapps were the only ones that were there?  You probably pulled your lure past hundreds of bass that day but the factors were not conducive(look that up in your Funk and Wagnall, Larry) for whatever reason, to a good bite. 

Darn, I almost sound like I know what I am talking about.  I guess I better get me a ProCraft now.

Rich

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 06/17/04 at 16:20:09
Quote Print Post  
Yeah Rich,

Mine is for sale,
Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 06/17/04 at 16:38:12
Quote Print Post  
Jeez guys,
  I just love the optimism shown by our club members.  If we recall last year, with optimal conditions we could only manage a winning weight of 20lbs.  This year with the crazy weather, no telling what the fish are doing.  MY GUESS, 20lb again.  2nd place 17lbs and 3rd place 16lb.  Alot of limits of small smallies

Mark

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 06/17/04 at 17:30:31
Quote Print Post  
Rich
alls i was trying to say and ask was that i thought there would be alot of bigger bass mixed in with the smaller ones it just a matter of figuring out how to get past the smaller one. If I'm wrong please tell me guys I'm trying to learn as much as i can. i know i'm not really knowledgeable yet but i'm trying.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 06/17/04 at 19:48:33
Quote Print Post  
Ok optimistic folks... I'll throw the gauntlet down!

If anyone in the club catches a 5+ pound largemouth this weekend, I'll buy a round of beer (or pop) after the tournament for any interested parties at the Banks Lake Pub!

Chris

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 06/17/04 at 20:29:23
Quote Print Post  
Lets get creative-25lbs??? Why do we always have to fish Banks in June???
RB

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 06/17/04 at 23:37:08
Quote Print Post  
Russ, I'm with you on that. I always suggested going to Banks the weekend before the Jamboree. Some would stay, at least it would be a lot of pre-fishing for the Jamboree. Weather maybe even more doubtful, however.

Hey, I just want to add...all you going to Banks, if you are driving along the lake during low light, Friday evening or early Saturday AM, watch out for DEER. Drive safely along there, a deer in the grill will spoil your weekend, bigtime.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 06/18/04 at 05:20:54
Quote Print Post  
Yeah, but it makes for a heck of a Bar-B-Que!!! Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 06/21/04 at 13:54:23
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chris...how long is that beer at the pub comment good for? I didn't think about it on Sunday. Thanks for the 5-7 largemouth Mike.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 06/21/04 at 18:38:39
Quote Print Post  
I am in on that from Chris.  We will hold him to it in August at the Roosevelt tourney.  A couple of posts back commented on why Banks in June.  Nothing fishes better in June than Banks.  EVERYBODY caught fish.  Does 20 lbs or 30 lbs to win really mean anything?  What is the difference?  There are nice fish in Banks, as was proven by Mike W.  It was a beautiful week-end.
Kirk

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 06/21/04 at 19:27:08
Quote Print Post  
Kirk,

As they say, " Same S''T same month gets quite old. Why is it so hard for clubs to find new water during June? I guess no one wants to learn something new.
RB

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 06/21/04 at 19:47:55
Quote Print Post  
Well said Kirk.  It's was nice for me to be able to see the excitement of my 16 year old backseater ( "Nick") limit both days of the tournament.   He's now so excited that he's seriously considering to buy a Tracker so he can go fish whenever he wants.

Fishing Banks in June may not bring in big weights, but it was sure fun watching everyone smile as they proudly weighed a limit of fish.  I will be voting to hold it again there next year.

Pays2no's 2 cents

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 06/21/04 at 20:45:18
Quote Print Post  
Good food, good people, good fishing.......what more can you ask for?

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 06/21/04 at 21:12:45
Quote Print Post  
Chris,
Maybe I missed it, but did you say
FREE BEER!
in the pub?  Just not in your skivies! Shocked Shocked

Smitty
  Wink

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #29 - 06/21/04 at 22:21:39
Quote Print Post  
Chris...and you thought you were gonna get away with it! Grin Grin

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo