Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Bad News for Lake Meridian Boaters (Read 3396 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Bad News for Lake Meridian Boaters
06/15/04 at 04:10:01
Quote Print Post  
I was pulling my boat off Lake Washington today when a guy in a van came up and asked me how the fee system worked.  When I asked him "why?", he said he was here doing research because the folks at Lake Meridian just voted to start charging too in the near future.  He said it probably won't happen until next year.  I let him know how disappointed I was with their decision... but it fell on deaf ears.  Sorry Virgil!

Bummer.  First Lake Sawyer, and now Lake Meridian.  I told him that they needed to figure out a "yearly pass" for the locals who get on the Lake a lot.  He thought that was a good idea and he'd take the idea back.  We'll see...

Personally I don't think I'll ever fish Meridian again if I have to pay to launch.  Not worth it!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Re: Bad News for Lake Meridian Boaters
Reply #1 - 06/15/04 at 04:36:21
Quote Print Post  
maybe the only saving crace is the lil fish and game launch right beside the boat launch...it is suppose to be used only by fisherman, we'll see.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/15/04 at 05:36:58
Quote Print Post  
This sounds like an excellent opportunity for clubbers to write WDFW and ask for an improvement of the Lake Meridian access. I would start using ths state launch it if the city charged a fee, but in its current state launching can be a little difficult.

Chris

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/16/04 at 21:00:29
Quote Print Post  
The gentleman did say that they were thinking of improving the launch ramp.  I forgot to mention that! Sorry.

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/17/04 at 04:04:06
Quote Print Post  
What's up? I pay dang good money for boat, insurance, tackle and gear, gas, gas, gas and did I say gas? The last thing I want to do is shell out a five spot every time I want to hit a lake. I bought a state permit this year, that saved me on Samm. But I can't afford the coulon pass. What next? I am really tired of this crap. The thing that tops it off is once you get on the lake you are not welcome there by "most" home owners.

Good luck on the state ramp at meridian. Unless you drive a 4X4 with 40 inch tires and have a six foot extension on your trailor, your done. And even if you do get your trailor wet, you have to put on chest waders to get out of you truck to get to your boat. Only ramp I have seen where your front tires are ten feet from shore and your boat still doesn't have water under it.

I feel better.

Mike

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/19/04 at 22:51:35
Quote Print Post  
I just try to think of it as paying for parking on a high priced, waterfront parking lot. Big truck and trailer. How much would that cost to park near the old Kingdome for 8-12 hours? You wouldn't get by for less than $50, I'd bet. If the launches were as nice as Coulon, had a safe, decent dock (like Coulon), I wouldn't whine at all about paying $5 to launch and park. Sawyer needs some improvements before it's worth $5 to me. Thanks for venting, Mike.  Grin 
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/21/04 at 13:50:27
Quote Print Post  
Not to mention that there are a thousand drunk fools flying around Meredian on anything that will propel them. Plus you have to wait forever watching some idiot that can't launch a boat. I had to go and back some guys boat in because he couldn't do it.

IP Logged

ryoki
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/21/04 at 13:54:48
Quote Print Post  
SIgh. If our state can't tax us to death, they will fine and user-fee us to our graves.  Our liscense fee and user pass pays for what now?  ???

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/21/04 at 18:59:23
Quote Print Post  
ryoki, I agree.  Just what do all of our dollars pay for now?

Rich (in name only)

IP Logged

ryoki
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/22/04 at 15:00:27
Quote Print Post  
Umm....the light rail? Gov Lock's trip to China for his extended family? Just a few guesses I have. Wink OH! I forgot! That monorail thing-y, and more sports arenas (for private businesses.) Thats the business I should get in I guess.

IP Logged

topjimmy
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/18/04 at 05:08:53
Quote Print Post  
since I already pay for a fishing licence to do my activity
  it would nice to see water+jet skiers pay a separate
  user fee too.Then maybe just maybe they wouldnt
  be such buttheads

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/26/04 at 21:44:15
Quote Print Post  
no charge as yet. Kent PD is pushing for a $10 launch fee to push LK. Sawyer boaters back to LK. Sawyer.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/27/04 at 04:22:23
Quote Print Post  
Okay here we go soon we will have a Tent City for displaced skiers who cannot or will not pay the fees at the launches.....JeeZZZ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo