Normal Topic I'm HERE!!! (Read 2096 times)
FlyinFish77
Ex Member

I'm HERE!!!
05/17/04 at 01:01:33
Quote Print Post  
Hi all!  I finally made it up here to WA! Im in Everett and am desperately lacking in time on the water so I need some major help.

1. Tackle shops: what are some good ones around Everett where I can get good info,  gear Im not too concerned with

2. And small lakes around here that are actually worth trying (even if its for some "slimers") Im right by the Silver lake thats near I-5, and drove past it the other day.  Doesnt seem so great but can i pluck anything outa there from shore? Also some of the other little lakes around here, are they any good?

3. What are some larger lakes that I can shore fish, and wont have to drive too far for.

4. Trout - Ive noticed most of the rivers here a re quite large.  Are there any relatively close rivers with some nice rainbows, preferably native rainbows in small secluded streams and all?

Thanks for the help! I'm gonna hit some tackle shops tomorrow and then see if I can make the meeting this thursday!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: I'm HERE!!!
Reply #1 - 05/17/04 at 06:21:04
Quote Print Post  
There's a very good Tackle shop with a great Bass section, run by Walt Rose who also fishes Federation/State events.

It's called "Angler's Choice " and it's just off the I-5 freeway at the Lake Forest Park exit. That's the nearest I know of that has good Bass Kit around here. There are a few members who live North of Seattle, but only a small handful.

Hope to see you at the meeting..... we're off to the Columbia River at Tri-cities on Friday for the first points Tourney of the year.

seeya Thursday
"Faz"

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/17/04 at 13:39:16
Quote Print Post  
Lakes Goodwin and Ki are in your area. I haven't fished Ki but see alot of people there fishing for trout. You pass it on the way to Goodwin. Goodwin is a pretty good lake, but I'm not really sure about bank fishing. I have caught large and smallmouth bass and have hooked trout on crankbaits. The perch are good for kids too. There is another little lake by Goodwin. I think just south of it, but I can't think of the name. Hope this helps.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 05/17/04 at 17:04:34
Quote Print Post  
You're thinking of Shoecraft.  Bank opportunities are limited on that lake.  Ramp is primitive.

I live just a coupla blocks from Silver Lake.  It's a decent lake, has bass & trout, and considerable shore fishing opportunities.  The lake is regulated to 7hp engines and has a ramp suitable for car-toppers and inflatables. 

Other lakes in the area - Martha lake just on 164th just East of the freeway has multiple fishing docks and an excellent boat launch.  Electric motors only, tho.  Lake Stickney, south of 128th (kinda obscure way to get there) has a good boat launch, electric only, and you can fish at the launch from shore.  Lake Serene - just west of the hwy 99/525 intersection (about 3 mi south of you) - same as Stickney.  Lake Ballenger - has a fishing pier. 

I agree w/Faz - Angler's Choice is your best bet.  Just east of the 205th street (hwy 101) exit in a large strip-mall.  Take I-5 south and take the exit after the 220th st exit.

You can also hit up John's Sporting goods in downtown Everett for trout/salmon info.

Hope that helps!

IP Logged

FlyinFish77
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/17/04 at 22:46:46
Quote Print Post  
Thankx guys.  I checked out both John's and Anglers choice.  Im thinkin about giving some of those little lakes a try.  Throw some plastics and try to locate some trout. 

Seems like i need a boat to do any decent bass fishing, but Im sure Ill be able to establish a nice shorefishing pattern with my superior SoCal skills Wink .

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/18/04 at 01:43:21
Quote Print Post  
Be sure to get a copy of the DF&W regs, and check and double check to see what applies to whatever body of water you are considering. It is pretty tricky here. For instance, the Sammamish Slough would look appealing, but it's closed waters, generally. Some places, you are not allowed to fish closer than a certain distance from the mouth of a creek. So, you need a good map and the regs, in addition to a WA License. At least you don't have to wear the license pasted to your forehead! One of the Gazette maps of WA would be good. I have an old one someplace, you could have. Kinda ragged. Can't find it, so far. See ya at the meeting.
C&R, Steve
« Last Edit: 05/18/04 at 05:16:35 by »  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo