Normal Topic What lake would you fish in June and why?? (Read 2363 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

What lake would you fish in June and why??
05/16/04 at 23:27:36
Quote Print Post  
Guys,

Whats your favorite lake to hit in June on the west side and why? I'm taking a new guy out and havn't decided where to take. Washington,Whatcom,Sammamish or some small lake?
RB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: What lake would you fish in June and why??
Reply #1 - 05/17/04 at 03:11:38
Quote Print Post  
I like Silver in Lewis Co. as it is post spawn and the weeds are fully developed and most of all.....it most represents what new anglers imagine as a bass lake that they have seen on T.V. and if you cannot catch fish in Silver in June.....you get my point....Bad feature....with gas so high....far aint fun... Cry

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/17/04 at 04:02:08
Quote Print Post  
Howdy Russ,

If the point of taking your friend out is just to catch some fish, then I wouldn't think there is anything better than hitting a small local lake. Large lakes get busy in the summer, and I think they are harder to catch fish on.

Beaver Lake in Issaquah is a killer lake for just catching numbers of fish. If you want to go a little further, one of your favorites, Lake St. Clair, would probably be a good bet, too.

Chris

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/17/04 at 06:17:33
Quote Print Post  
Law-rence......Law-rence..... !!!
Gets my vote every time in May/June.

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 05/17/04 at 14:06:58
Quote Print Post  
Hi Russ
I agree with Chris, St Claire if you just want the guy to hook up on something.

Ted

Ted

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/17/04 at 18:58:25
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Guys,

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I have taken a lot of people out to St Clair for those who have never fished for Bass and wanted just to learn how to throw plastics and catch quite a few. As far as Beaver Lake, can you get a big boat in there? As far as Lawrence can some one give me the directions to the ramp please?

Thanks for the input guys. Every year I give to local church charities a fishing trip or two for there auctions. It seems to work pretty well. All the folks I have taken have never fished for Bass and just want to learn a thing or two about the sport and where they can take there kids fishing for the day.
RB

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/17/04 at 19:00:42
Quote Print Post  
You now what...any lake I can get to works for me. I hear Desire can be good also?????

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo