Normal Topic North Lake (Read 3620 times)
Ryan
Ex Member

North Lake
04/26/04 at 17:54:43
Quote Print Post  
Has anybody done any bass fishing on North Lake in Federal Way?  Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: North Lake
Reply #1 - 04/26/04 at 19:34:02
Quote Print Post  
Ryan,
Used to fish there all the time. There is some toads in this lake. Only problem is it is trolling motor only and combustion engines are not allowed. However, check the regs.
Russ

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/27/04 at 05:20:38
Quote Print Post  
Check the General Subjects Forum, or do a search...I started a thread there about fishing electric only lakes with gas engines on the boat (but not running them). It's ok, unless it's electric only by DF&W regs. I've fished the lake a lot in past years, and there are some real good fish in there. How you fish it depends on what kind of boat you have, but pitching to holes in the coontail at the West (turn right from boat launch) would be a good plan, as are many of the docks. I have a tough time going to a LM only lake, but they are fun to fish for. Just not as much fun to actually catch.  Grin
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/19/06 at 00:26:23
Quote Print Post  
    Went out to North this morning.  It was the first time I've fished the lake this early in the year so I propped myself up (tore my achilles three weeks ago) by the trolling motor and cruised the lake looking for largemouth activity.   It seems many of the largemouth have moved off beds as I found a ton of fry in the water.   In one area there were two females shoving eachother around and I was watching them as I was putting on a swimbait.  Their confrontation became pretty heated and then all of a sudden an unfortuanate sunfish was inhaled by one of the battling female as it tried to confront the bass.  It was really incredible.  I clearly watched one of the female swim away while chomping down.  long story short, found a short stretch with some monster cruising girls that have not dropped their eggs.  Two of them pushing 7 pounds.   I recently got some Standin Yabbie baits, so that is all i used.  Landed two 12" fish and a nice 4 pound plus.

IP Logged

T_Dot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/19/06 at 02:29:22
Quote Print Post  
nice

i will check out this lake sometime!

Smiley

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/18/06 at 21:54:02
Quote Print Post  
     Hit North this morning from 6 - 10.  Worked the outside weed lines using Texas rigged Gulp worm - purple w/blue fleck along with wacky rigged 4" Senkos.  Boated 14 bass.  Largest was 15 " and five of the others were 11" - 13".   I also cruised the shallows hoping to find for some early morning toads and do a little sight fishing, but found none.   Talked to 3 different home owners on the lake.  Not one mentioned anything about the outboard on the rig even though it is electric only.

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/10/06 at 23:10:43
Quote Print Post  
  Took one of my students (I teach 5th grade) out to North Lake this morning and had a great day.  We boated 21 fish from 6:30 - 11:00, which included two largemouth over 17".   In addition I had toad on early in the morning and was handing the pole to my student so he could pull it in when the 8# Fireline broke!   It was a big fish!   All in all, a great day.  With the 74 degree water and overcast sky, the fish were all over the place.  We fished mainly 10 - 16' of water - outside weedlines close to good drop-offs.  4" Senko 297 wacky style and Bomber cranks - can't remember the make though.  It was a 6 - 8' diver.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo