Normal Topic Ray Scott Returns to BASS (Read 2454 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Ray Scott Returns to BASS
04/05/04 at 17:52:52
Quote Print Post  
BASS announced today the return of Ray Scott to the organization he created more than three and a half decades ago.

Plans call for Scott to meet and greet spectators and BASS members attending the Federation Championship in Tulsa, Okla., April 22-24.  Going forward, he will focus his efforts on espousing the benefits of BASS membership.

Scott says he wants to focus his efforts on growing and strengthening the BASS Federations in particular.

He is expected to appear at other marquee events, including this summer's Classic in Charlotte, N.C., and select Bassmaster Elite 50 tournaments beginning in April.

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Re: Ray Scott Returns to BASS
Reply #1 - 04/05/04 at 19:59:17
Quote Print Post  
Excellent

That is a good move, he embodies BASS and when they originally made the change, I think they really missed out.

BillB

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/06/04 at 01:38:11
Quote Print Post  
BASS definitely went down the tubes when Ray, Bob and Dewey left. I gotta wonder if he's going to be anything more than a figurehead, tho. Since I became a non-BASS-member well before Ray left, I don't think it will matter a lot. I got tired of the magazine with the same articles, year after year, with a new bunch of pictures and a new nom de plume.Yamamoto's InsideLine, or BassWest (out of Utah) suit me a lot better.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 04/06/04 at 01:49:46
Quote Print Post  
I won't purchase Bass West anymore.  When Don Allphin sold it, the new owner turned into a class A jerk. 

I won't go into details here, but suffice to say, the guy doesn't play nice with others.

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/06/04 at 02:00:12
Quote Print Post  
It doesn't matter much to me, Glenn. I've already decided to not renew any of the bassin' magazine subscriptions, including GYCB's. One of these days, I'll drag some boxes of magazines to the meeting and give them to the Newbies.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/06/04 at 15:47:21
Quote Print Post  
It is interesting how the magazines have been evolving.

I personally have dropped down to just one: 
In-Fisherman

It gives me information about actually fishing, and background information on the fish and presentation etc.  Imagine that!!  ???

BillB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/06/04 at 20:39:51
Quote Print Post  
I personnally like the play by play of the tournaments as it has for me become a major sport like baseball and such and to read how people came to the winning conclussions they did no one reports it the way Bassmaster does. and I hav'nt got bored with the articles yet.

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #7 - 04/07/04 at 13:59:36
Quote Print Post  
Glen,
Not sure what you are referring to on the Basswest, but I do like the magazine. If you wouldnt mind filling me in, and I still like Bassmasters.

TED

Ted

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo