Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Stratos Boat Owners Team Touney CA. (Read 6408 times)
SMITTY
Ex Member

Re: Stratos Boat Owners Team Touney CA.
Reply #15 - 04/15/04 at 12:53:44
Quote Print Post  
Weather did us in. Angry  The biggest factor in day two for us was the lack of the howling wind which allowed several other teams to get to "their water" and flip the tules. Tongue  Addtionally Harley & I were unable to land a "Kicker"  (6.77 lbs) fish like we had on the 1st day. Cry  Big fish of the "T" was 8.5 lbs.  caught on a swimbait. Shocked

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 04/16/04 at 13:22:34
Quote Print Post  
I don't know what kind of maps you have for the lake, but I was cruising on the Bassmaster.com site. They have the hotspots maps for a ton of lakes. You can zoom in to specific areas and print them. Looked pretty cool.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 04/16/04 at 15:14:22
Quote Print Post  
Hey Smitty and Harley....found these sites while searching around.....

www.orn.usace.army.mil/pao/lakeinfo/old.htm

www.oldhickorylakeinfo.com

www.savethecumberland.org/old.htm

IP Logged

Harley
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 04/16/04 at 16:24:15
Quote Print Post  
The weather changed on us and we didn't change with it on day 2.  It was really windy everyday we where there pre-fishing and the first day of the tournament it was windy and we had 2 pattern's that worked for us.  Everyone we talked to said they weren't catching fish during their pre fish and we thought they were lying to us.  The locals couldn't fish their water on the first day because of the wind and muddy water. We ran down to our spot and had our fish before 9:00 and left it alone for day 2 and went running around fishing other spots and catching a fish here or there hoping for a clear lake toad. We had no idea that everyone was telling the truth about the pre-fishing and the tough fishing they were having.  Then on Day 2 there was no wind.  Our fish moved out and our patterns stopped cold. We had a light wind on our area and the wind on the upper lake had stopped and the water cleared up and site fishing kicked in and we didn't know it.  We stayed in the lower lake and caught fish but we needed size. We lost a 5+ the day before and we tried to find her again, with no luck.  We hadn't fished the lake on a wind free day and everybody else hadn't fished in wind I guess.  It's a great lake and I will be going back.  We had a great time and just about upset the westcoast Bass boy's.  lol! 
We gave them hell and had fun doing it.  After the first day of weigh in we had people tell us about the great small mouth fishing in clear lake and how we should go fish for them on day 2 since that's what we're better at doing and leave those large mouth alone since we where from Washington and that's all we have up here.  They were a little upset to have us in 2nd place on their water. lol!
Thanks for all the club support!
Harley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo