Normal Topic Goodwin results (Read 3212 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Goodwin results
04/03/04 at 23:58:37
Quote Print Post  
here is the down and dirty

12 people showed
7 boats
lots of food good potluck

No Fish caught
Amb temp mid 60's to low 70's
Water temp 48 - 53 degrees
Bright clear day little wind till noon then breezy lots of boat traffic after noon
Fish seen in the shallows but spooky
Water clearity-- green clear (visibility about 11 ft)
not very meny weeds

streight and to the point for those keeping score.

Grin

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Goodwin results
Reply #1 - 04/04/04 at 00:19:55
Quote Print Post  
Take heart folks....some of us would have Loved to have gotten skunked!....just to say we fished! Tongue

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/04/04 at 03:26:31
Quote Print Post  
But Larry without you and I there you know it was going to be a tough day    Roll Eyes

BillB

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 04/04/04 at 03:36:40
Quote Print Post  
Keri and I saw 18 bass in the shallows - the majority of them largemouth under docks.  They were extremely spooky, however, as it's probably their first jaunt into the shallows.  We tried a variety of lures and techniques, but they were just too wary to investigate our offerings.  Undecided

Oh well, at least we're seeing 'em move in!  Spring has sprung - FINALLY!!

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/04/04 at 03:54:35
Quote Print Post  
We saw between 20-25 fish this moring. Unl;ike the others the majority of ours were smallies. 6-12ft. Very (did I say very) spooky. I had a hard time finding largmouths. ??? Being the first time on that lake, I would say that it is a smallie lake. But then Glenn sees the same number as us in largies.

Fun anyhow. Great to fish with everyone. Thanks

Mike

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/04/04 at 18:58:08
Quote Print Post  
It  was alot of fun to get out with and meet everyone.. I think it has been at least three years since ive been at a fish-in and i really enjoyed it.

I dont think that  I have ever seen so many spooky bass (largemouth and smallies).  They certanly have spawn on there minds. I saw a big smallie right off the bat and went after her 4 times during the day. staying as far away as i could throwing every thing in the boat with at least 6 different scents.  But to no avail. It was still a great day. Cheesy

p.s.  If anyone needs a little exercise and practice launching your boat.  I srongly suggest goodwin.

IP Logged

Rob_Maglio
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/08/04 at 14:02:24
Quote Print Post  
Last year I noticed the same thing...fish hanging under the docks and spooky. My partner and I did ok bt staying far away and making long casts. We caught fish away from the cover in open water with spinnerbaits. I caught a 3 1/2 lber on a senko under a dock. I never saw the fish. Two swam out and surprised us. Then I noticed my slack line turned away from where a cast, set the hook and was blessed with the largemouth. The west side where there is a lot of shallow rock produced several smallies. Its a decent lake for those that only fished it this one time. Don't get the wrong impression. Water traffic sucks though, especially in the summer.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo