Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Fish-in Calander (Read 4809 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Fish-in Calander
03/11/04 at 19:06:30
Quote Print Post  
Here is the Fish-in Calander for this year

Mar Long Lake / Sammammish
APR Lake Goodwin
MAY Lake Spencer
JUN Lake Tapps
JUL Lake Big Lake (changed from Pattison)
AUG Lake WA *night*
SEP Lake St. Clair
OCT Black lake (changed from Big lake)
NOV Lake Sammammish
DEC Lake WA

At this point this is pretty much what I will stick to unless something comes up with me or the lake that we can not fish it. I.E lauch construction, Park closure etc..

« Last Edit: 03/14/04 at 22:42:55 by »  

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Re: Fish-in Calander
Reply #1 - 03/14/04 at 22:42:27
Quote Print Post  
I have decided to change aprils fish-in to Goodwin instead of Spencer since we just went south for march. to make it fair we will go north for April

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/15/04 at 01:53:19
Quote Print Post  
Dumb question but... Was'nt the fish-in for March last weekend at long lake. How come it says sammamish next to it. Is there another one at Sammamish? If so when?

Thanks

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/15/04 at 04:42:42
Quote Print Post  
Mike, there is another thread with the subject line "Second March Fish-In" (or close). Jim suggested another fish-in due to the blowout at Long Lake. There was some discussion and it's undecided at this point. On the other hand, KC may be coming over from Spokane next week, and I may drag him down to Lk. WA Saturday the 20th (I've paid my annual launch fee, so it's "free").  KC is a member of this forum but has not posted, AFAIK. Not a WBC member. He posts some at BFHP. 
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 03/15/04 at 04:57:57
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
I have decided to change aprils fish-in to Goodwin instead of Spencer since we just went south for march. to make it fair we will go north for April

Yeaaaaaaahh!!   Grin Grin Cheesy

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/22/04 at 11:39:53
Quote Print Post  
Since I have decided to goto limited tournaments this year,  (personal reasons) I will be doing 2 fish-ins per month during the summer, The first Fish-in will take place on its usual date, the first Sat of the month, The second Fish-in will take place the 3rd Sat of the month. Providing there are no conflicts with any other club activities, I.E. Fishing kids or C.A.S.T for kids..

This is also to get those of us that are not going to prefish or do any tournaments the oppotunity to get together and fish

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/23/04 at 01:46:26
Quote Print Post  
Anybody know what the launch fee is at Goodwin? Still $3?

To give those who have never been to Goodwin a taste...the first time I went there, I went with Scott Ramirez. End of March, sunny day. The water is super clear. I bet we SAW 200 LM over 2 lbs, and expect the bigger ones were over 8 lbs. They were "cruising", and you can't get one to touch your bait, AFAIK. We got over to a dock, and I skipped a tube under there, and got a 3 lb 6 oz LM. Scott pitched his jig & pig under a dock and got a 4-6 and a 5-6. Three fish, but darned nice fish. I've been back a few times, since. Grin I can't recall catching a Smallie there, but they are there.

The walk back up the hill to the parking lot is grueling for an old man. Also, the Ranger doesn't like it when you stay to night fish, yet you can push open the gate at 4am, let yourself in, close the gate behind you, and that's ok. I guess they have had some problems with vandalism and car prowlings at night, like anyplace.  The bad guys aren't out at 4am. Neighboring Shoecraft Lake is also worth a look, but the launch isn't great for big boats. 
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/23/04 at 02:02:45
Quote Print Post  
For Those Going To Goodwin,

Its a little early for April. Went mid May last year and put a hurt on them.

2nd cast under a dock produced a 4-10 smallie. next two docks down produced a 3+ and a 3.8+ smallie. Then it was Largemouth time- 3+,4+ and a 2+. Saw several cruisers in the 8+lb category. It is loaded with big fish. Don't forget your senko's and JignPig!!!
Good Luck,
Russ

IP Logged

Bax
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/23/04 at 02:25:01
Quote Print Post  
The launch is at Wenberg St. Park is there a $5.00 day use fee?  The state started charging a day use fee last year but I'm not sure if that is still going on.  Does anyone know?

Don B.

IP Logged

Rob_Maglio
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/23/04 at 02:59:32
Quote Print Post  
Yes. It is 5 dollars to launch a boat or just park a car. This is what is was when I was there in February.

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/23/04 at 03:37:14
Quote Print Post  
If it's a state park then you can get a pass from the state. I am not sure how many of you guys know that the state has a pass available. I bought mine early. It's $50 and good for any state park. Not snow parks though. I'll get my money worth out of sammammish alone.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #11 - 03/23/04 at 03:40:05
Quote Print Post  
$5 will do ya - just like Sammamish.  Or, get an annual park permit for Washington state parks for $50 (good for Goodwin, Sammamish and other state parks w/launches).  It paid for itself for me last year (saved about $35).

And yes, there are some giants in there.  Last year I had a pair of 7+ pounders come up to check out my trolling motor.  They about gave me a heart attack! I couldn't get them to hit a thing though.  And on a separate trip, Faz and I saw a pig that would've pushed 10 pounds.  He took off the moment a lure landed near him, however.  Smallies are abundant too.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #12 - 04/04/04 at 02:54:53
Quote Print Post  
Added all the fish-in dates to the website calendar, okay Jim?   Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo