Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Silver Lake (Read 4435 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Silver Lake
03/22/04 at 19:05:41
Quote Print Post  
Russ Baker and I hit Silver Lake (Draw Tourney venue) on Sunday, the weather was really good for most of the day. Water temps were varied between 53 - 58 in places.

The final tally was 7 for Russ and 2 for me, big fish was my 3lb 9oz, with most of the other around 2lb each. We skipped Senkos and pitched and flipped Jig'n'Pigs in all kinds of places like docks, floating weed patches etc.

This was my first real flipping experience and I had a great time learning how to get some measure of control without too much splash. I was also treated to a demonstration of how to skip a Jig'n'Pig on a baitcasting rig!!! Of course I had to try and spent a fair amount of time picking out backlashes but did manage to get a couple of half decent casts off .... yet another new technique to add to the arsenal. It worked too as several of Russ's fish were caught that way. At about 2pm the sun got clouded over and the wind picked up a bit, things slowed down from there but Russ still picked up a fish every now and then.

All in all, a great day on the water and it changes my previous opinion of Silver Lake (4 previous trips with only one fish)

Thanks a lot Russ.

IP Logged

Rob_Maglio
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake
Reply #1 - 03/23/04 at 02:54:06
Quote Print Post  
sweet

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/23/04 at 23:32:07
Quote Print Post  
Thanks! To top off a great day, I did a Larry Sullivan and went into the water! At least it was 56 degrees and I went in voluntarily, having skipped a rod and reel across the lake (especially since it was not mine, I had borrowed it from Russ, and it had a Stradic reel).

Tongue

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/23/04 at 23:49:07
Quote Print Post  
It would have been ok faz.  Rus should have been man enough to go after his own pole. Wink
remember though!  as your learning to skip   its the small thing on the end of the POLE. of course if the pole just  splashed and sunk.  work on keeping that pole closer too the water before you let IT FLY.  Then you can check out to see if there are any bass under the dock when you retrieve the pole.
LOL  Grin Cheesy

Dave
« Last Edit: 03/25/04 at 06:15:28 by »  

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 03/24/04 at 01:20:52
Quote Print Post  
*Deep breath*.....

Naw... it's just too easy!  Grin

(besides, someday I may go into the drink.... again)

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/24/04 at 02:26:25
Quote Print Post  
Since it was Voluntary.......You have been Denied Entry into the Flounder Club............"Poser"! Grin

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/25/04 at 06:01:23
Quote Print Post  
Larrys new name...Flounder club poster child. Kiss

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/29/04 at 20:29:30
Quote Print Post  
jim rumann and i hit silver on saturday.  We thought we would enjoy all the fish and great weather that russ and faz had.  Mother nature laughed in our faces with wind all day and very few son breaks.  that after lunch sun never came.  ouch!    i didnt even take the long johns Cry

We fished our tails off  to miss one and to get a beautiful 4 lb 2 oz green back Grin  I think the sun was out after that. I cant remember Grin Grin Grin.

It pays to keep focused and dont get frustrated when the wind is eating your lunch.  keep your kool and it can pay off Cheesy

good luck to you guys fishing the open.  If the sun comes out it should be a feeding frenzy.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/30/04 at 03:20:31
Quote Print Post  
After moving a family member from Tillimook Oregon to Vancouver Wa. I needed some Me time so I hit Silver on Sunday and was awed by how high the water was and how much the Lilly Pads have emerged over past years! I found water temps as high as 61 degrees and saw multiple fish cruising into the canals and along the pad lines but missed on several hits as did all I taked with except Daryl in his Beautiful new Procraft Pro-200!! what a sweet ride!.....but continueing with the March Madness I have been stricken with........on the way back to the launch I had an engine failure and thought I had tripped the kill switch so I took the wave that came over the back of the boat and reset the switch and attempted a start and .........lets just say it was not a good sound......might have been a timing issue or a piston gone but either way it was not a good thing to end the day with so I will probable not be at the next few events so I can concentrate on getting it back and getting things caught up....... what a waste of a good day! Cry......
p.s.   Hurry up April!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #9 - 03/30/04 at 04:26:30
Quote Print Post  
Crap... on a brand new engine?  That's odd.  Not that it hasn't happened before, but it's rare.  Sorry to hear about that, Larry.  Let's hope it's something less serious like a fouled plug or something.

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/30/04 at 04:53:22
Quote Print Post  
Larry, sorry to here about the boat.  I was headed to goodwin on saturday if you want to go let me know.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/30/04 at 16:39:08
Quote Print Post  
Larry, I am sorry to hear about that man... Isn't there still a warranty on that engine, though?

Chris

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/30/04 at 21:53:00
Quote Print Post  
Larry. If you need to take your boat to tri-citys, let me know, Maybe I can drive it there for you...I seem to have the time!  I'm not getting any offers to go fishing so I'm freed up. Undecided

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo