Normal Topic New to Western Bass Club (Read 2138 times)
efishinado
Ex Member

New to Western Bass Club
03/17/04 at 17:29:51
Quote Print Post  
Hello,
Why, just last night my attractive & intelligent wife & I were discussing how I should look into joining a fishing club so I cank do more fishing, & by extension get out of her hair on the weekends. And I find you guys! Not only are you a fishing club, but you're a bass club (& God knows I like eating bass) AND you meet in Renton, right where I live!! Is life good or what?

So I'll be at the meeting tomorrow night, pay my dues & hopefully get to go fishing with an ambassador & others. My name's Alan, so say hello & help me feel welcome.

Incidentally, I have a standing deal, cuz I don't own a boat: I'm a helluva cook, so anytime anyone takes me fishing in their boat, lunch & gas is on Alan.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Re: New to Western Bass Club
Reply #1 - 03/17/04 at 18:28:42
Quote Print Post  
Alan, I'm sure  you'll really enjoy this club.  Make sure and check out all the info on the website as far as meetng times and place.  We are gonna have to see about changing your bass meals  into perch meals.  There are usually a few guys with boats looking for someone to share the expenses.  Hope to see you at Thursday's meeting.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/17/04 at 18:47:21
Quote Print Post  
Hey Allan,  welcome to the area.  We can sure get you hooked up with an Ambassador and the rest are usually willing to talk about techniques and places, etc.  WBC is a pretty friendly group and dedicated to seeing fellow fishermen become better fishermen.

Typically, we don't keep very many bass that we catch.  Unless they are "bad hooked" or bleeding.  Especially during fish-ins or tournaments.  But then that is not to say that an occasional "taste" is forbidden.  Course I don't have that problem too often since I don't catch that many fish. Grin

Anyway,  will be glad to see you at the meeting and make sure to say hello and let me know what your background is as far as fishing goes.  I'll be the short guy in the corner.

Rich Grin

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/17/04 at 21:35:34
Quote Print Post  
Welcome Alan

I think you will enjoy the club, a bunch of good guys that love to fish for bass....perch......squawfish....slimmers  Undecided

Be sure to watch out for the short guy, we keep in the corner for a reason.... Grin

P.S.  Tell the wife that she is welcome too, we have several very competitive fisherwomen that would love more ladies around.  Also this is a family club and our tournament potlucks can be a very good time for all.

See ya at the meeting

BillB  

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/17/04 at 22:58:53
Quote Print Post  
Hey Bill, I resemble that remark Tongue.  But as Alan said he is a "great" cook so this may liven up the potlucks.

Alan, when we have a fish-in it usually goes till about noon or 1.  Then we come in and see who has the biggest bass.  Then we have a little pot luck lunch.  Afterwards those that want to go back out and the rest go on home.  Also, when we go to tournaments we usually have a potluck Saturday afternoon.  So will look forward to some of those delicious perch fillets...hehe

Rich

IP Logged

efishinado
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/18/04 at 17:37:00
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for your warm welcomes, guys. I talked with Chuck last night & will definitely be there tonight. Chuck also mentioned that because bass are in short supply that it's usually catch n' release. I'm good with that. Hell, even if it's just a baloney sandwich I'm happy just to be eating something...

See you guys tonight.
Alan

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo