Normal Topic Anybody hit Washington? (Read 3093 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Anybody hit Washington?
02/22/04 at 15:14:53
Quote Print Post  
Hey.....been on Sawyer and Spanaway so have been away from Wash.....anyone been on it? just Rev-Rigs or tryin other stuff? huh?......Can't hear ya!

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Re: Anybody hit Washington?
Reply #1 - 02/29/04 at 02:33:08
Quote Print Post  
Larry, I went out Monday and we hit three small fish and a 4 pounder in 40+ water, but it was the three small fish (12 inchers) that told me the most.  Why?  Because we haven't seen any of them all winter - meaning those little guys who were down in 100 feet of water have moved up.  Which means their larger cousins who dominated the 40 foot level have also moved up.  I saw plenty of activity in the 30's, but I suspect the 20's will have them in them too.  They're moving shallower slowly, but the camera says they are spooky right now.  We're two weeks away from crankbaiting!  And soon the jerkbaits will follow.  This Monday I plan on trying some deep divers and seeing if I can get any takers.

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 03/01/04 at 03:19:13
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry,
did you do any good at Spanaway? I havent been there yet, but was thinking about it.

Ted

Ted

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/01/04 at 03:30:56
Quote Print Post  
Naw Ted, the new guy got a trout but it was still too cold....I quess!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/01/04 at 06:13:57
Quote Print Post  
Well, our buddy Mr. Walker was on it somewheres Sat. and landed hes' biggest bass ever!! Yup, hes sportin photos of a 7.14 lg. mouth PHHHHHIG. Good job Brian...you know all those things about being a slimmer fisherman?  Well they still stand!! But I did save a bunch of money by switching to Gieco. No really, good job!!

Ted you goin out any time call mmmwha a call.

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 03/01/04 at 15:23:37
Quote Print Post  
I hope to be going out soon. I may hit Spanaway here soon since it is real close to home, I will give you a call sometime to hook up, and no not hook you, unless your biting ;

Ted

Ted

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/01/04 at 16:52:47
Quote Print Post  
Hawg,  that reminds me of a show about pros fishing for bass.  At the end they were showing a couple of outtakes.  This one was of the Pro up front casting and on his back hand you saw the camera sort of jerk around and the Pro immediately turns around to the cameraman and says" Where are you hooked?"

Rich

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/05/04 at 04:25:39
Quote Print Post  
Guess what - Larry G. and I went out Monday and found two fish - despite the howling North wind.  And you'll never guess how deep:  12 feet!  Yep, a few of them are already cruising in and out of the shallows.  Crankbait time!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo