Normal Topic fish-in vs tournament (Read 1709 times)
Doug
Ex Member

fish-in vs tournament
02/16/04 at 16:20:28
Quote Print Post  
Gentlemen ( I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here ), What are the differences between "Fish-In's" and a tournament? Are they 2 days? Is there a weigh in? etc...

IP Logged

champ206
Ex Member

Re: fish-in vs tournament
Reply #1 - 02/16/04 at 17:04:29
Quote Print Post  
Fish-ins and more relaxfull. I do not feel the competion to catch the most fish. I use fishing for relaxation and to releave steress.
John Holland

IP Logged

Bax
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/16/04 at 17:19:15
Quote Print Post  
     A tournament is just what it sounds like with entry fee, weigh in, "competition" and fun. They are two day events where the club reserves camping sites near or at the lake/river to be fished.  They are broken down into point and non-point tournaments. 
     A "fish-in" is a one day outing, usually the fisrt Saturday of the month held on a semi-close lake.  It's where members get together for a fun day on the water.  These are laid back and give opportunites for new members to meet and learn/share with other members and friends.  There is usually a potluck around noon and an optional "big fish" pool. 
     I'm relatively new to the club and have only been to one tournament and a few "fish-ins" and each one is fun in their own right. 
    Other people will be able to break down the details for you alittle more clearly but hopefully this gives you a idea about the differences of each event. 

Don B.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/18/04 at 00:03:16
Quote Print Post  
Doug, Bax has pretty much summed it all up - if you need any more specifics feel free to call me after 7pm at 425-771-0613 or email me at faz@westernbassclub.com

Hope to see you on the water for both!!
Faz

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo