Normal Topic new member (Read 3131 times)
keystone
Ex Member

01/23/04 at 07:15:25
Quote Print Post  
     My name is Jason, I went to the sportsman show and joined the club which I have been wanting to do for a while.  I met and talked with Virgil, he had a lot of good info (thanks)  I am looking forward to being a part of this club,  I know it will be a lot of fun.   See you on the water.

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Re: new member
Reply #1 - 01/23/04 at 10:10:37
Quote Print Post  
Welcome Jason
As the Ambassador Program chairman I would be honored to assist you in anyway I can, I will need to get with you and get all your fishing info so I can set you up with an Ambassador. at that point it will be their job to take you out fishing at least twice to help you get aquainted with Bass Fishing (if new to bass fishing) and to introduce you to other members, Every month (usually on the first Sat) we have what we call a fish-in/ or for the winter months a freeze-in. thats where we all get together and have breakfast then go to the lake and fish till around noon. then we come in and have a potluck BBQ. We also see who caught the biggest fish and how they did it. then those of us that want to head back out and fish some more.

Shoot me an email and we will get you all set up.

Jim "Backlash" Shaffer
backlash@westernbassclub.com

PS
Keep an eye on the Fish-in board

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/23/04 at 17:53:34
Quote Print Post  
welcome aboard, hope you get out and come meet us all at the fish in.

Mark  aka wacky guy.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/23/04 at 18:23:49
Quote Print Post  
I am still amazed that , after talking to Virgil.....people still JOIN!! Welcome aboard Jason and as the outgoing Tournament Director and Future Angler Of The Year....(He He He) Look forward to seeing ya at the next event!! Grin

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/23/04 at 20:58:32
Quote Print Post  
Hi Jason,

Welcome aboard! I look forward to meeting you, as well.

A little tip about Larry S: Just nod and smile. Nod and smile.

Best fishes,
Chris

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/23/04 at 23:05:21
Quote Print Post  
Welcome Jason, hope you sign up for the Tournaments this year..... look forward to seeing you on the water, perhaps at our next fish-in (freeze-in)

Faz

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/24/04 at 00:44:01
Quote Print Post  
Hello Jason

Welcome to WBC, a lot of good folks and even a couple of pretty good bass fishermen, no names needed they all know who they are   Grin Grin Grin

BillB

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/24/04 at 07:30:47
Quote Print Post  
CheesyThanks for an almost honorable mention Bill.  It looks like that $20 bill I sliped em worked.
   Money talks...so do I...on and on and on................... :- Lips Sealed     See ya soon keystone. V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

keystone
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/24/04 at 18:28:49
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the welcome.  I work on the meeting nights, but I'm going to ask for Feb 19th off to attend so I can meet everyone

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/29/04 at 02:39:03
Quote Print Post  
Jason,

Welcome aboard!  I'm Chuck Bailey, (this year's president), and I hope you've learned that we have a club full of wanna be comedians.  Here's the trick - smile at their jokes anyway.  It takes so little to keep them happy, and as long as they are happy they tend to share a trick or two about bass fishing.  They actually know more about fishing than comedy, ... well, some of them.  They're all harmless, ...just been out in the harsh weather too long.  Anyway... again - welcome aboard!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo