Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) November fish-in? (Read 6465 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

November fish-in?
10/23/03 at 03:18:03
Quote Print Post  
When? Where?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: November fish-in?
Reply #1 - 10/23/03 at 04:15:42
Quote Print Post  
I am gonna be hitting Sawyer hard this winter so thats my vote....but the water was pretty low before the gulley washer rains of monday.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 10/26/03 at 16:31:04
Quote Print Post  
Is there not a fish-in for Nov. 1st? Virgil?

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/28/03 at 12:23:01
Quote Print Post  
Glenn,
I guess since Virgil gave me most of the Fish in stuff, I can run it this month unless Virgil has other plans.

Sawyer sounds good and breakfast could be at Sherry's on Kent-Kangly (AKA 272nd or hwy 516) and 132nd. say around 5:30ish since sunrise is at 6:52.

I have the left over money's and need to know what everyone wants for the potluck. I don't have a BBQ since that one was Virgils but may be able to come up with one by SAT.

I also have not gotten any of the leftover food from Virgil yet so at this point I will be starting from scratch.

Also I would like to add some challange to the fish in and want some input. I.E. limit to technique or bait etc. also I want to combine gathered info and put it to the test after the luch break.

Jump in at any time Virg.. if you want call me after 3pm (new work hours)

Jim

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/29/03 at 16:05:04
Quote Print Post  
Jim Cheesy your doing fine, I on the other hand as you know am not, Keep up the good work. I will bring my bbq, and will check to see if I have left over mato and k-up...I have soda pop as well. see ya for b-fast .vw

IP Logged

Dawg Ketcha
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/31/03 at 03:26:26
Quote Print Post  
Where is the breakfast meeting place?  Also what time are people meeting at the boat launch if they are skipping the morning meal?

Don B.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 10/31/03 at 03:47:46
Quote Print Post  
Is that the Sherry's in the strip mall with the 24-hr fitness club?

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/31/03 at 04:39:12
Quote Print Post  
Glenn,
yes it is in the parking lot by 24hr fitness, also in the same parking lot as Albertsons and across the street from safeway.

I will be bringing Potato Soup and will be heating it up there on a single burner I have. So if any one else is bringing something to warm up you might want to bring your own source of heat or wait till mine is done.

Faz,
I don't believe that the soup has any celery so you can have some also

I am trying to come up with some coffee and hot chocolate but I don't think there is any power there. can some one help me out here?

I will use the donation money to get some cups.

Virgil is bringing the left over sodas

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/31/03 at 14:42:30
Quote Print Post  
Jim wasn't there cups in the box?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/31/03 at 14:59:50
Quote Print Post  
I have some cups I found in the garage from the coffee club stuff and I too was thinking Chili so will bring a burner. Reminder...They are working on the Ramp and have removed the steel grating on the ramp so there is a chance things are in flux and ramp conditions may change....might be the reason the water levels were allowed to go so low. Too bad for them that the big rains we had a week ago have brought the water back up!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #10 - 10/31/03 at 18:28:54
Quote Print Post  
Should we try lk Washington or Sammamish instead?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 11/01/03 at 03:33:49
Quote Print Post  
Checked the ramp this AM and it looks like they have halted any work maybe due to the higher water and the launch is fine....even for the U.S.S. Nimitz....

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 11/01/03 at 03:50:21
Quote Print Post  
Sorry Don B. Didn't catch your post,
I imagine we will meet at the launch around 6:30-7:00
Breakfast is at Sheri's as mentioned at 5:30

Jim

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 11/02/03 at 03:08:23
Quote Print Post  
So........on possibly the first day of snow and folks are going to look back and say...."What did you do when it snowed?"  well for eight of us we fished in cold calm weather out of 5 boats and had a heck of a fun time! As for the fish....well only a few came to play and even less got landed as I think I was the only landing boat with a VERY NICE CRAPPIE! at about 1 lb. and a 3.5 lb Smally!!
We had hot Coffee and Soup-Chili for lunch with a Brownie-Cupcake chaser so if you sat around the house watching that same old Bill Dance episode then you missed out!!

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 11/02/03 at 04:26:40
Quote Print Post  
Yes I will have to agree with Larry not a lot of fish where caught but I am pretty sure fun was had by all. sorry the turn out wasn't better but non the less it was a good time.

Virgil even blessed ( Shockedgag Shocked) us with his bare legs in 30 degree weather. no brain no pain, right Virg? Grin Grin
Jim

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo