Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Mickleson Memorial? (Read 9181 times)
EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Re: Mickleson Memorial?
Reply #15 - 10/13/03 at 02:01:05
Quote Print Post  
WinkJames.....let's just think about why Shanne called 5 times....sure wasn't that I was miss'n you....I can see you any day at 10:00AM when you are getting around to heading to work and I am on my 5th hour of it.....cause like your wife I am awake when Ron wakes up.....I admit, I can't go long without a call to Ron....but Saturday's calls were to insure this City Girl found her way through  "Mo Hole", Moses Lake to deliver Connor, "The Con Man" his very important 10th----yes---he's truly a MAN now Birthday Gift....!  Sure wish I could say the calls were all about you and Ron, but the truth is they were about someone much wiser, cuter  Roll Eyes and younger......and if I recollect right, Ron and "The Con" never weigh in a BIG FAT GOOSE EGG! 

Love Ya !

MS. Prez

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Jim P.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 10/13/03 at 05:08:58
Quote Print Post  
Shanne, Shanne, Shanne,

You sound a little hostel.  Is there a twinge on guilt there? 

Just remember who introduced you and Ron.

XXOO  Jim

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

25 + Lbs!!!
Reply #17 - 10/13/03 at 12:56:13
Quote Print Post  
Well Dennis Brush & Gregg Petroski may have blanked on Saturday, but on Sunday during the 100% Bass "T" they weighed in the largest 5 fish bag ever.  Shocked Shocked Over 25 lbs, most caught near the East Channel bridge in a howling windstorm.  No one can ever remember of a larger bag of fish being caught in a L. WA. "T".  ???
By the way the storm was so bad that Brian & Lyle got stranded by high waves north of the I-90 bridge and did not make it back in for the weigh-in. Cry
By virtue of winning a coin toss Champ 206 & I finished 4th vs. 5th. 8) (Its a long story)

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

GotSix, Jr.
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 10/13/03 at 15:04:16
Quote Print Post  
Holy Cow! Now that shows a couple of people that can make adjustments, eh? 25 pounds!

I checked on the WSDOT Lake Washington bridges website in the middle of the day, and it reported winds up to 45 mph! It looked totally nasty out there... I'm glad to hear that no one got hurt.

Thanks for the report,
Chris

P.S. Ok Smitty, go ahead and tell the long story  Grin

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #19 - 10/13/03 at 15:52:41
Quote Print Post  
Hmmm... kinda surprised they didn't cancel.  B.A.S.S. typically cancels a tournament day if the wind is forecasted to go above 20-25mph.

I agree, Chris, good thing nobody got hurt!

P.S. Jim P - you can make long posts like that anytime!  I got a good laugh out of that one! Grin

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 10/14/03 at 03:32:58
Quote Print Post  
Smitty-
Did Brush and Petroski get smallmouth or largemouth Sunday?

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 10/14/03 at 12:41:33
Quote Print Post  
Bob,
They were all 5 lb + Smallies Grin that they caught by drifting (being blown by the high winds) with a drop-shot rig.  They would start about mid-way under the I-90 bridge in the navigation channel and let the wind blow them north almost to the 1st point.  Start the big motor and move back south to do it again.
The funny thing is that they did not have the big fish of the day.  That went to Frank White at 5.68 lbs. Kiss

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 10/15/03 at 02:18:38
Quote Print Post  
Wow!  That is quite amazing.  This method of fishing sounds like it matches Pat S. oberservations.  It appears the smallies observed on his camera were spooked by sudden movements and just dragging a bait through them this time of year is better than jigging or popping the bait vertically.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 10/15/03 at 12:43:34
Quote Print Post  
I think the thing that is really strange is they were only using 3/16th oz weights in that wind. ???  As a result the rig was trailing out behind the boat quite a bit.  I doubt that they ever made bottom contact. Undecided

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo