Normal Topic Lake Washington (Read 2638 times)
Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Lake Washington
08/26/03 at 02:50:46
Quote Print Post  
Caleb and I hit Washington today.  We launched from Mercer Island at 11:00 am and fished until 5:00 PM.  We caught over 12 large and smallmouth.  6 were between the 1 and 2 lb range and the anchor fish was a 4lb 6oz largemouth.  We used hot lips hula grub and senkos.  All and all a good way to spend my birthday.

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Re: Lake Washington
Reply #1 - 08/26/03 at 04:17:43
Quote Print Post  
Happy BD Doug
!!! Cheesy

Absolutely the best way to spend it, on the water with your son and catchin' fish!!  Grin

BillB

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/26/03 at 04:43:42
Quote Print Post  
Doug, Happy B-day.  It sure sounds like fishing was pretty darn good- Good job!  I am glad you had a great time fishing with your son- that is something you always will remember.

Hey, how was the fishing in Idaho?  Did you catch many smallies from either the Snake, Grande Ronde or Clearwater?

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 08/26/03 at 13:08:29
Quote Print Post  
Cool beans dude!  Sounds like you had a blast!  Happy b-day sir.  What a great way to spend it.

I'm curious too - how was Idaho??  Inquiring minds want to know.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/26/03 at 17:27:41
Quote Print Post  
Well fishing was fun in Idaho.  Being a family vacation I couldn't spend a lot of time fishng, but I did manage to hit a few spots for a couple of hours each.  I fished with Dan Mowry.  We hit Spirit Lake, Hayden Lake, Pend OReille River.  Caleb and I fished the Spokane River and Coeur d'Alene and Sprague.  We caught tons of dinks.  The only lake we found some larger fish was Hayden.  We were draggin split shot/carolina rigged 4" june bug zoom lizards across a point in 25 to 45' feet of water.  We caught a number of 1 to 2 lb fish.  Sprague has a monsterous algae bloom on it.  It almost glows in the dark.  I only manged a small largemouth and a 4 lb walleye before I hit a submerged rock with my trolling motor and did some decent damage.  The wind messed up our stop at Potholes and a couple other spots.  We did have a great time but wished we could have stayed one more night on the Columbia at Vantage but the concert at the gorge had the town packed solid with young bikini clad wild kids, so it was no place for the family, so we came home early.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/27/03 at 14:01:10
Quote Print Post  
Happy b-dat Doug, Glad you had fun. VW

IP Logged

Skeptic
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/27/03 at 17:34:40
Quote Print Post  
. . .  young bikini clad wild kids . . . who's birthday was it?

Just kidding.  Happy B-Day Doug!!

Ray

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/27/03 at 21:30:00
Quote Print Post  
Happy B'day Boss....21 again huh?? Tongue

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo