Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) SenkBO!!! (Read 3442 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

SenkBO!!!
08/10/03 at 22:24:53
Quote Print Post  
To All,

Has anyone had a serious case of tennis elbow?? Well for starters I am now calling it Senkbo , short for Senko Elbow. My arm is shot, having to wear a brace sucks and will be throwing lefthanded for the Roosevelt tourney is going to be a real joy since I am right handed. For all of you who don't think about this before you throw your first lure out for the day, do yourself a favor and stretch your arm out before hurling that top water 2000 times like I did this past month at Lake Shasta. I unfortunately am done for the rest of the year. My arm is toast from not stretching it before so much exhaustive top water fishing in one week.

If you see a video camera on you at this next tournament it will probably be me. Faz is fishing with me and he will be probably running the trolling motor while I video and if lucky enough to figure this arm thing out  and catch a few fish. I thought about putting a video together for all to see at our booth or just for fun. So smile for the camera and catch that fish while your on video.

Good Luck to All,
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: SenkBO!!!
Reply #1 - 08/11/03 at 00:36:50
Quote Print Post  
Hey Russ I think I know where you are coming from as I just returned from Roosevelt and after my first official 60+ fish day I too am "Sore to the Bone" only mine is my darn Rotator Cuff in my Right Shoulder as I had last year so we will have to adjust as best we can and tough it out! See Ya there!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 08/11/03 at 03:14:54
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry,
How many of those were keepers?  Keri and I were there as well and, wow, what a dink-fest we had!  It's Dink-O-Rama!

Maybe the Senko should be named the "Dink-O", eh?  LOL!

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/11/03 at 18:42:09
Quote Print Post  
Glen,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You need to learn how to throw a larger Senko. I have never caught a Dink on the ones I throw.
Russ

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 08/12/03 at 04:05:40
Quote Print Post  
Russ - you assume too much.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/12/03 at 23:18:17
Quote Print Post  
Glen,,

Try a 5 or 7" lately?
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/13/03 at 04:38:45
Quote Print Post  
out of 60+ fish there were 11-13 keepers but lots lost on top water blow-ups! WHEWWWWWWW   HEEEEEEEWWWWWW

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/13/03 at 04:39:08
Quote Print Post  
C'mon now guys... this is no place to discuss the size of your senko.

Doctors say that the average senko is 5 1/2" to 6", and that is final! Maybe smaller for Italians.

HEY! But I'm only half Italian!!!

Chris

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/13/03 at 04:41:20
Quote Print Post  
sniff.........sniff......whatta bout us Irishman?.............or dare I ask?

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08/13/03 at 05:24:10
Quote Print Post  
You know when I was younger and single, I think I use to suffering from that senko elbow thing.

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/26/03 at 08:13:59
Quote Print Post  
SenkBo Wimps!
In '01, I had tennis elbow in both elbows at once. Very frustrating! I quit hammering so hard at work. It wasn't necessary, just venting. Keeping your elbow warm, even on a hot day, will help a lot. Put one of those stretchy bandage things on it, and try rubbing in some "Tiger Balm" first. Good stuff, feels good and smells ok. Then try the Yamamoto Split Shot "Circle" hook. It works quite well, when you get the "no-hookset" figured out, and you can fish without straining your elbow with setting the hook.  Do a lot of finesse fishing, and use a light drag setting.  C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo