Normal Topic CHOOSING EQUIPMENT?????  HELP!!!!! (Read 1116 times)
boxx_253
Ex Member

CHOOSING EQUIPMENT?????  HELP!!!!!
07/22/03 at 06:41:19
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys,i have a question, i sometimes go to les davis pier in tacoma to fish, but i only have a shimano ix 4000 freshwater rod and reel combo, will it really hurt to fish salty every so often with a freshy set up, and also what would be a good bass set up , spinning or casting?, i just want to find a good set up that i can fish both fresh water for bass and perch, and then go for some saltwater critters too, any kind of help would be great, ive been out of the sport for a long time!!! i wuold like to spend around  75.00 to 100.00 if thats possible!!!!....thanx..............Randy V

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: CHOOSING EQUIPMENT?????  HELP!!!!!
Reply #1 - 07/23/03 at 01:47:55
Quote Print Post  
Hey Randy, I have been known to venture into the briney deep myself on good ole' Les Davis and I like a 7ft Shimano baitcaster with a Bass Pro Pro Qualifier (Round one!) reel in the 300 or 400 this crosses over well for both species but I do recommend leaving a 2 litre bottle of soapy water in your truck or car and as soon as you get back to your car.....clean your gear.  I learned the hard way you cannot wait till morning to clean your stuff. Hope it helps! and let me know when the Silvers start up over there....I hav'nt thrown a buzz bomb for years!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo