Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Roosevelt Tournament (Read 5275 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Roosevelt Tournament
07/22/03 at 03:45:07
Quote Print Post  
Hey Scudman!  Where are we staying for the Roosevelt tournament?  Launching?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Roosevelt Tournament
Reply #1 - 07/22/03 at 04:28:35
Quote Print Post  
For Roosevelt we will be staying at Coulee Playland and will be launching still at Cresent launch but will be doing the weigh-in at a yet to de decided place as I have not decided on a beach weigh-in such as plumb point or the state park ramp......will be decided by august 1st though...stay tuned!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/01/03 at 19:25:09
Quote Print Post  
Hey Clubbers, I have talked with the Colville Federated Tribes and have worked it out that we will not require a special permit to utilize the Sanpoil River. If you are contacted while pre-fishing and or during the tournament let the officer know the club has gotten the permission from Director Jerry Marco at Tribal Fisheries and that should suffice. Now this does not mean that you have to fish the Sanpoil as.......there are no fish in the Sanpoil....there are no fish in the Sanpoil............Nuff said...Larry.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/01/03 at 19:28:17
Quote Print Post  
Also...the General Membership meeting of the club will not be till after the tournament so stay tuned for the newsletter for the info and I will also have some more here so stay tuned.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/07/03 at 14:38:31
Quote Print Post  
Slightly off the subject, is anyone coming back from the tournie on monday??
   I will be camping at steemboat park helping with the c.a.s.t. for kids event, some of us will stay to fish on sunday, I would like to fish some on monday as well. is anybody staying and could give me a lift back on Monday? WK.425-656-5020  hm 253-854-8911

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/08/03 at 14:23:54
Quote Print Post  
Undecided anybody?

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/09/03 at 02:31:27
Quote Print Post  
Buller---- Buller -----
Anyone???????

He! He!

couldn't resist

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/09/03 at 19:17:01
Quote Print Post  
Tongue try harder

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/11/03 at 00:47:06
Quote Print Post  
Well after seeing the circus at the Cresent launch we will be changing to the Spring Canyon launch as they charge the same and have 4 finger piers for the weigh-in.....while on the subject...
Drivers meeting will be at 05:00 and you can launch ahead of time and tie up....we are staying at the Coulee Playland, just let them know you are with Western and they will tell you where to go.....as if I couldnt....oh yeah...Just a word too.....Wind River Resort is sponsoring a "Trout Derby" the same weekend on Roosevelt and we can expect some company.....so far as of Saturdy they have registered 400 people for the derby which is a two day event.....be extra careful as we get out there. See ya there!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #9 - 08/12/03 at 14:38:41
Quote Print Post  
What is the fee for launching?

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/12/03 at 20:43:05
Quote Print Post  
Glenn,

I can't remember off the top of my head, but Larry posted the fee in his newsletter article... Something like $6 for 7 days parking? I think that is the same deal as the Crescent Launch.

Chris

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/14/03 at 20:05:49
Quote Print Post  
I'll be meeting Virgil at North Bend at about 7am Friday, is anyone else planning on being up and about then...this will be the new truck's first long run over the Pass, a mini-convoy might be more fun and a little safer too.

YES, the oil is full!!! AND all the other necessary fluids!!  Tongue

Faz
seeya there

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Aluminum boat
Reply #12 - 08/19/03 at 01:35:49
Quote Print Post  
Hey all,
Just want to make it clear after Larry's announcement at blast-off on the second day that neither Keri nor I saw the adrift aluminum boat Saturday morning.  Had we seen it, we would most certainly would have stopped to investigate.

In fact, later that day, Pat Sutherland said it was difficult to see it and he almost hit it.  Makes me shudder to think how close WE came to hitting it! 

I really have no idea where it was, but I noticed on blast off on the 2nd day I hugged the shoreline much closer than everyone else, just like I did the first day.  If it was to the right of where everyone was going then, damn, that was close!  ...and we must be blind!   Undecided

Anyway, just wanted to ensure I set the record straight.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/21/03 at 16:56:27
Quote Print Post  
Hey glenn, the boat was about in the middle of the river just past or even with Plum Point.....it was bobbing around so much it could have looked as though it was manned so it was just a reminder that we all can be more attentive, especially after a storm.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo