Normal Topic What was your hardest fighting fish and size? (Read 1331 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

What was your hardest fighting fish and size?
07/02/03 at 17:40:22
Quote Print Post  
To All,

Yesterday after work I went fishing with a friend of mine and we went to Lake Desire. We caught 5 fish mostly dinks and I caught another toad. Now this one only weighed 5lb 5 oz. but I can tell you this she had to put up the best fight I have had in quite some time. She fought much harder than the 8.8 I caught earlier in the year. She pulled my rod under the boat at least 4-5 times and one surge had me on my knees with my reel practically in the water. Man did she pull drag. I was throwing my favorite bait, just call me Mr. "Sinko"nator, under a dock when she slammed it. Yes a female full of eggs. Now I have caught a lot of 5-6lbs smallies in my time that didn't fight as hard as this one, so lets here about your favorite fight.
Russ

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: What was your hardest fighting fish and size?
Reply #1 - 07/02/03 at 20:12:29
Quote Print Post  
watching someone being towed around Sprague lake after hooking into a 20-30lb Carp on 8lb test....we chased the fish with the trolling motor on high for what seemed like 10 minutes.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Re: What was your hardest fighting fish and size?
Reply #2 - 07/03/03 at 13:53:47
Quote Print Post  
I recall 3, the last one was the 6.4 smallie caught in march, when she hit I thought that I was hung up on the bottom for a minute with my elbow up and half the rod in the lake. After regaining control of the boat in the wind I got three surges, thats when I knew I was not stuck on the bottom. thats when I started pulling drag by hand and I gave her 30 yards before my rod and reel could do it's job.
   The next one was a ten 1/2 foot, 110 lbs. Atlantic sailfish caught  on my flippin rod with 16 lbs. line.
   Third one I won't get into...Thanks for the memories Russ. V-DUB-YA Cheesy

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo