Normal Topic Boats and Outboards (Read 739 times)
kholmes
Ex Member

Boats and Outboards
06/06/03 at 20:10:27
Quote Print Post  
All,
As some of you know, I had minor difficulties Saturday with my boat during the Potholes tournament.  I would officially like to thank Shinn Tanaka for dragging my sorry self all the way in from the big dune (about 3 miles).  I owe him a purple bag!!  I would also like to thank Dave Jarrell for allowing me to fish out of his boat on Sunday!!  What a great guy!
What the cause of the problem turned out to be was a very loose connection of a lead on the top of my electronic fuel pump.  This caused a short to the pump, completely shutting down the outboard.  I was helped on the telephone by Grant from Nixons Marine, who gave me some ideas without asking to see the boat.  I really appreciate Nixons and all they do for our sport.  A great partner!!  At any rate, my message to my fellow anglers is to take the cowling off once in a while and check for obvious loose connections and even to tighten these connections a bit.  Every little bit of attention means more hours on the water for you!!

Kirk

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo