Normal Topic Lake Sawyer. (Read 2746 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Lake Sawyer.
05/30/03 at 04:34:00
Quote Print Post  
Hey folks, went out with the dogs on Sawyer and the bedding continues. Sight fished 4 fish up to 2-1/2 lbs...2 SM, 2 LM and skipped under docks and trees for 3 more 2LM 1SM  also up to 2-1/2 lbs so for 4 hours 7 fish and some doggie/ boat training.....Sara tried to jump on some lily pads...wet dog smell.....EWWWWWW!

IP Logged

basswhacker
Ex Member

Re: Lake Sawyer.
Reply #1 - 06/01/03 at 13:40:11
Quote Print Post  
Well Larry, you were'nt kidding!! I hit Sawyer yesterday, Saturday, and had the best day I have ever had on the lake. I did'nt get alot of fish but the 2 fish I got were quality. In fact, I boated my largest small mouth to date. I know I will be scoffed at as I have no photos, witnesses or accurate weight on it, but I would guess it to have been 5 lbs. plus!! I could'nt find my cheepo scale after lipping this horse and could'nt get my camera to work and did'nt want to keep it out of the water any longer. I later found my scale and ste it out for future use. Then I ventured off to another spot where I boated another nice smallie which scaled at 3lbs. As the first fish was aprox. twice the size as the second, I think I may be being conservative on my guestimate. But anyway, after returning home with a mix of excitement and frustration I proceeded to Cabelas On Line and ordered a new scale that I can rely on and, due to it's cost, will keep much better track of. 

All in all, the best day I have ever had on Lake Sawyer, in spite of the wakeboardeds!! If anyone has the chance, Sawyer is hot rite now!!

Best of luck to all, Bob.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/02/03 at 03:52:16
Quote Print Post  
Hey folks, a Lake Sawyer update as Mr. Russ Baker invited me to fish aboard his boat today and man am I glad I made the trip as Russ tied into two VERY nice fish....a 3-1/2 lb Smallie and get this...A 8-1/2 lb Largie!!! she hit next to a dock on guess what...yes you guessed it Mr. Yamamoto you have done it again!
It was an honor to fish with russ as I have learned that there are multiple ways to fish the Senko and as I fish with more people in the club I see new ways to fish even the mundane baits effectively.......oh wait a minute....What make of boat were we on?? oh yeah....A ProCraft!! he he he. ....p.s. yes i caught fish but when you see a fish THAT BIG you just forget all others!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/02/03 at 14:58:35
Quote Print Post  
Cheesy Personal best?? Cheesy Hope you got pics. way to go Russ!!

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/02/03 at 17:20:45
Quote Print Post  
Uh-Oh... It sounds like a Team ProCraft is forming...  Grin

Way to go, Russ! What a pig!!!

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/02/03 at 22:55:33
Quote Print Post  
Larry,
Thanks again for helping me net that "Toad", My personal best. I had a blast with you even without the pig. Lets do it again sometime.

On another note I fished Morton the same day and caught two other nice fish and saw several in the 5-7lb class staging to spawn. The fish were all hanging in 1-2 ft of water next to lily pads. Caught the others on Mr Yamamoto Senkos the long ones about 6-7" long.

The 8.8 Largemouth was also caught on a 6-7" Senko.
Amen to Senko's.

I also want to thank Chris Sargent for showing me how to use this bait in the first place back two years ago on Sammamish. I have found many new ways to fish this bait. At the Potholes tourney I skipped.flipped, and pitched this bait without weights to catch all of my fish on saturday.
Russ

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/03/03 at 04:59:19
Quote Print Post  
Russ... You're welcome, but I think it would be more accurate to say that I showed you how to NET fish with a senko in  their mouth!!!  Grin You took me to school that day!

Chris

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/03/03 at 15:02:25
Quote Print Post  
??? Ok how many way is there to fish a sinko? Can you give my some tips? Undecided

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo