Normal Topic Word to the wise..... (Read 3545 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Word to the wise.....
05/13/03 at 04:15:07
Quote Print Post  
Hey Folks! As you head to the Potholes for the tournament this weekend and to Banks for the Jamborree.....The State Patrol will be looking for us as they have an Emphasis Patrol looking for Trailer Toting folks like us as we are supposed to be going the same speed as the trucks so watch your speed as.....it really sucks to see those lights in your rear view mirror.

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Re: Word to the wise.....
Reply #1 - 05/13/03 at 05:10:10
Quote Print Post  
P.S. Larry has a secret, though! Wear EMT-related clothing, and you will get out of a ticket every time!

Larry, where can I order that stuff?

Chris

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 05/13/03 at 12:25:03
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the tips!  One other note, you can get a ticket if you're caught in the fast lane while towing.  Apparently that's "off limits".  I didn't know that until a club member got a ticket for it.  Undecided

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/13/03 at 12:38:04
Quote Print Post  
You are allowed to use the fast lane while towing, but only to pass slower traffic.  Folks who go out there and stay out there can expect to be cited. Cry  That has been the law for about 5 years now.

Smitty Wink
Who has to work this weekend and don't care bout no stinkin ticket! Angry

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/13/03 at 19:49:33
Quote Print Post  
I have seen a few places on Freeways where any vehicles over a certain gross weight or those towing trailers are not allowed in the fast lanes..... sometimes the signs indicating those areas are not as clear as they could be.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/15/03 at 14:36:22
Quote Print Post  
Hey Folks. looks like the weather is gonna play a part in the Potholes event so bring extra tent spikes and blankets as it is looking like rain and cold temps down to the 30s at night. Tarps would not hurt either. See ya there and remember......"Fish are already wet and rain only bothers us" this is the quote for the day.

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/15/03 at 22:38:56
Quote Print Post  
And if anyone brings a tent, but doesn't have stakes or poles for it, Larry and I can set one up for ya with rope, anchor, and bungee cords... HEHEHE  Roll Eyes Pictures to follow later!

Let's hope the wind and hail stay on this side of the mountains! Luckily, I just checked the Mo' Lake forecast, and it looks like things are drying up over there for the weekend. There are still gonna be chilly temps, though.

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo