Normal Topic Potholes Pre-fishing (Read 1765 times)
kholmes
Ex Member

Potholes Pre-fishing
05/13/03 at 00:12:51
Quote Print Post  
Just to let you all know.  Potholes should fish well this coming week-end.  I have spent four different days on the reservoir since the Potholes Open, and have caught a limit every time.  Smallies are good to go and the largemouth are available.  The largies seem a bit more scattered than I would expect for this time of year.  I have found some males in the shallows, but most of the larger females are deep in cover.  Could be different this coming week-end though.  Hopefully, the weather will continue to be stable and the largies will be a bit more aggressive.  Good luck to all.

Kirk

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Pre-fishing
Reply #1 - 05/13/03 at 03:24:23
Quote Print Post  
Hey Kirk, we looked for ya as me and Chris sargent had the same results with the Sunburn to proove it! Should be a blast and speaking of a Blast....how bout a blast from the past? Mr. Mike Burdette has joined us again and will be present at the tournament so look for him and it was'nt me who said it was his Birthday on the 17th........p.s. he likes kids books..........

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/13/03 at 05:16:17
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Thanks again for the boat ride this weekend! I agree with both of you when I say the fishing should be just as good as last year. Similar weights should prevail, and I predict that the big fish of the tournament this year could be a smallmouth!  Shocked

That is why I went and bought some 30 lb. McCoy today at Auburn Sports and Marine... or was that for something else. HMMM.  Grin

See you all there. It is gonna be awesome.

Chris

IP Logged

kholmes
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/13/03 at 18:15:27
Quote Print Post  
Chris and Larry,
I did see you guys headed westbound right near my exit by the old Stuart Anderson ranch on Saturday afternoon.  At any rate, should be a hoot, though the weather report calls for sprinkles and a bit of clouds.  All ok, just do not blow!!!  Take care and see y'all this weekend. 
Kirk

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo