Normal Topic Lake Roosevelt (Read 1499 times)
Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Lake Roosevelt
05/05/03 at 16:25:50
Quote Print Post  
Hey Guys,

I fished the state federation tournament at roosevelt this past weekend. The fishing was great for most anglers. We caught 700 and some fish in 2 days: with 108 anglers. It was not much of a crankbait bite like last year,  mostly small plastics.(grubs,lizards,dropshot) Saturday was nice and fish were caught in 7 to 16 feet of water. Sunday we had a 15 degree weather change, with rain and wind. It pushed the fish deeper. Where you caught fish the first day, they were not there the second, so we did a lot of running and gunning. The water temps varied from 43degrees in the mornig to 50 degrees in the afternoon. Most people on the second day caught their limits south of Plum point. all the way down to the ramp, at the damn. Overall the fishing was great. I had a limit 9.87 lbs the first day, which was good for 24th and then I fell on my face the second day and only caught one fish. I ended up in 63rd overall. The winning weight was 24 lbs, and big fish was 5.05 lbs. The tounament was a game of ounces, on the first day I was less than a pound out of 10th.
It's going to be a great place to hit after the Jambore everyday.

Daryl

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Re: Lake Roosevelt
Reply #1 - 05/05/03 at 17:35:43
Quote Print Post  
Good Job Daryl

Roosevelt should really be fun in August.

BillB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Lake Roosevelt
Reply #2 - 05/06/03 at 03:20:58
Quote Print Post  
Great to hear Daryl..that is about the numbers of fish.....sorry bout the 63rd.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo