Normal Topic Potholes - April 15th (Read 734 times)
sarge
Ex Member

Potholes - April 15th
04/17/03 at 04:31:37
Quote Print Post  
Howdy Y'all,

Took the day off work yesterday (Tuesday) and headed over with a co-worker to Potholes. Ron Hankinson was nice enough to let me borrow the boat back for a day... Thanks, Ron! Grin

Anyways, the report is not as good as some of the past ones. My friend was trying to catch smallies on a fly, so that limited our abilities to move around a lot and fish tighter areas, but I did end up catching one smallie and one largemouth, each weighing 2-1. My friend hooked a couple, but both came unbuttoned.

I think had we covered more water we would have figured the fish out a little better, but fishing could have been tough because of some of the unstable weather moving through. I still think there are going to be some awesome weights at The Open, though! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

It was fun to introduce a fly-fisherman to bass fishing... I even got him to pick up a pitchin' stick and throw a brushhog into some heavy cover. That was fun Cheesy The largemouth (brushhog) came from way back in the western dunes area, and the smallmouth (Bitsy Bug) came from behind the island in Lind Coulee

To everyone fishing tournaments at Silver or Potholes this weekend... Kick some butt!!!

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo