Normal Topic Duck Lake! (Read 780 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Duck Lake!
04/13/03 at 20:38:00
Quote Print Post  
Hey all, I have just returned from a day at Duck Lake and MAN! did I have to work for EM!
Got on the water at 0620 and started in the main lake with water at 51 degrees and rain tapering off at sunshine and some light to moderate winds.
Went through all my usual start stuff when I have not fished a lake much....ie....spinnerbaits, texas rigged worms, senkos and tubes also threw some cranks so all areas were covered.......except for that whole fish thing......After about 1500 casts slow-fast-slow-weightless-weighted you know the drill....at 11:05am pst and with water temp at 57 degrees I got two short strikes on the spinner bait so I slowed down just a tad and ....yes fish two nice 2+ lb healthy largemouth from within 10 ft of each other. I got very excited but still had not gotten a pattern short of a 57 degree warming pattern, I then found some docks and on one skipped a tube under it and WHAM! nice 2.7 fish! so I would speed around with spinnerbaits and skipping tubes and senkos at overhangs as the sun came out and here my "A day on the lake with a Dork" series totals:
Total fish; 7
Total limit weight;11.40 lbs.
two lost fish at the boat....
best bait: Spinnerbait.(used most after first fish...confidence fake out.)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo