Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Honarary WBC member??? (Read 9616 times)
virgilw
Ex Member

Re: Honarary WBC member???
Reply #15 - 04/13/03 at 00:41:10
Quote Print Post  
Cheesy Kicked in the butt in a good way Cheesy, you just said what I got on the computer to say. We might be able to use the news to help us make news if you know what I mean. What I mean is maybe we can get them to do some of the leg work. I,m kinda stuck on the weekends on what access to e-mail and stuff I have. Photographer Mark Sobhani has my e-mail address, I'm kinda waiting to hear from him now, If not by Mon-Tue I will try and make contact again. If any body has any Ideas...run with them, You won't step on my toes if you can make something happen. VW

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 04/13/03 at 17:52:30
Quote Print Post  
If someone who is good with a computer sees this, my thoughts are, Yes go to one of the big stations that are all ready covering the war and backtrack photographer Mark Sobhani of the San Antonio express, Get a good e-mail for the San Antonio Express, Get a e-mail for Mark S over seas (I didn't) Get ahold of the Red Cross in Georgia to maybe find the family or what "group he is really with. ( Smitty says pos. 3rd infantry division) Glen let the local news know what were up to (k-5 tip line) or evening Magazine, and maybe if they can air something about what were up to someone out there can give us ways to find him..... we could tell them to contact us on the web site. That will put our web site out there for all to see. If we can find him and do this we can get a big blow up of that pic. of him to put in our booth next year for an AGM...(attenion getting mechanism).
   Keep workin it guys....V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 04/16/03 at 14:32:28
Quote Print Post  
well I have gottin a little further, but still not all the way. While digging in to this I have found that field and streams, sports afield. aaaand? their is some one else trying to get his story as well, popular guy, I'll keep digging. V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #18 - 04/16/03 at 15:16:31
Quote Print Post  
Looks like the photographer is keeping a log:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/specials/war/storyindex.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=989

Here's the entry where (in part) he mentions the soldiers fishing in a lake at one of Saddam's palaces:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/specials/war/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=989&xlc=977422

He is working with Sig Christenson, a San Antonio reporter. They are with the Air Force's 15th ASOS. The air support operations squadron acts as a liaison between the Army's ground troops and the Air Force to provide close air support.

Officially, he is embedded with troops with the 3rd Infantry Division out of Georgia.  http://www.stewart.army.mil/Display.asp?Page=519F0559-BB39-492A-BF6D-7AAF2FBE0CE...

Hey Virg,
I just made a call down to the San Antonio Express-News and it's obvious you're ahead of me on the trail.  They mentioned your name and that they sent you some information to help track this soldier down.

You're on it man!   Cheesy

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 04/16/03 at 21:29:26
Quote Print Post  
You guys are turning into real detectives. Cheesy  I'll notify you when we have an opening in the Renton PD. Wink

Smitty Grin

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 04/17/03 at 14:45:33
Quote Print Post  
Ok the other stuff I know, Helives in Fitzgerald, Ga,  The local paper that  is reporting on him and is printing  his picture and story is the "Herald-leader, The person to talk to there is Barbara Ashe, Assoc. Editor Ph # is 229-423- 9331. the other info you have is correct.  3-69 task force, 3rd infantry division, from Fort Stewart Ga.
   Run with it Glen. VW Cheesy

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #21 - 04/17/03 at 16:25:04
Quote Print Post  
Virg,
You're doing an excellent job.  Quite honestly, I'm buried beyond belief and just don't have any bandwidth available to pursue this.  Simply put, I've bit off more than I can chew at the moment and can't take on any more projects.   Sad

In addition, at this point you know much more about this than I do, so you're the man!   Grin

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 04/24/03 at 00:58:28
Quote Print Post  
CheesyWere not done yet Cheesy Happy to say that I got alittle further. Heres what I know, Grand dad's name is Chief deputy Don Bennett, yes chief deputy of the Fitzgerald GA, police dept, and a very proud man right now I must add. Very nice man! and willing to do anything he can to help us pull this off. Also found Joy black...marks 1/2 sister who is the 911 dispatcher one city over.
   Barbara Ashe who is the Associate Editor of the Herald-leader of Fitzgerald is thrilled to do what ever she can do to help us pull this off, she thinks this is the coolest thing for her little town, the small town does not have "tv news" all they have is a public access channal and "news scrolls by to read" So at this point we have the news paper that will help us on that end and between them and Grand dad they would be willing to make any preasentation for us. Maybe we can get somebody to video tape it for us and we could air it here.
   So Glen maybe we can contac evening magazine, and the other local news station and tell them what it is that were putting togather. They can start a story now and than do a follow up story when he comes home and we have video of it. What do you think?  Oh ps Grand dad is a long time B.A.S.S member......know he knows we exist and I think we have a new fan.
   Not sure what more to add or do, what you all thinking out there?
   Oh at this point nobody knows when he is coming home. But like them, I'm praying that all of them come home soon.
   I do now have e-mail address for Barbara, and should have an address for Grandma and Grandpa here soon as well as his mom and dad in Texas.
   Just another fisherman V-DUB-YA Wink

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 04/24/03 at 01:48:30
Quote Print Post  
Virgil, that's really cool - you da Man!!!!

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 04/24/03 at 12:48:35
Quote Print Post  
This is turning out great V.W.  Great Work!! Cheesy

Smitty 8)

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

;)Re: Honarary WBC member???
Reply #25 - 05/13/03 at 14:45:21
Quote Print Post  
Cheesy Ok Westerb Bass Club it's time to meet the family of our future newest member.
   WBC meet Mr. Don Bennett, the proud father of PFC Marc Bennett.
   Don lives in Tallahassee Fla. his e-mail address is cherokeehills9@hotmail.com
   The proud Grand parents of Marc live in Fitzgerold Ga. theire e-mail address is sturgeoncreek@hotmail.com
   Bennett family meet WBC.
   The last time I spoke (e-mail) them part of the 3rd inf. division were coming home. They didn't know if Marc would be one coming home or not, they didn't think so, but would let us know when they know. They are very excited that some one (group) like our selves want to reconize Marc...well it's pretty easy if you ask me and it's been a fun road.
   I will get them all the info they need to talk to all of us and keep us informed. Wink

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 05/13/03 at 16:04:54
Quote Print Post  
Nice work Virgil!

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #27 - 05/13/03 at 16:13:22
Quote Print Post  
Fantastic job Virgil. I know it has taken a lot of time to put this together. You are a very good guy to take on such a project.      

Ted

Ted

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 05/13/03 at 18:20:27
Quote Print Post  
Great Job Virgil, I never had a doubt that you be able to string this all together - I look forward to the next installment, perhaps one day we might get to meet Pfc Bennett and take him out on a fish-in or a Jamboree or something. That would be a wonderful experience.

As I said before, "Virgil - You da Man!!!!"

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

:DRe: Honarary WBC member???
Reply #29 - 05/16/03 at 14:58:17
Quote Print Post  
Richard, Sorry you didn't know last night that "we" had board approveal. I do however did appreciate your time, help and your voice.
    Marcs family has heard my voice, and my ugly mug (if they have gotten on the site) but thu the e-mail they have a disadvantage of not looking into your eyes and hearing the  Cheesygrin in your voice. If you want phone #'s let me know, I will give them to you, But I won't post them on an open site like this.
   This has been fun, and really can't wait to see how all this ends. Looking foword to him coming home, and I hope he brings all his buddies with him!
   Also looking foword to seeing exchanges between them and us on this page. V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo