Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Blown Powerhead (Read 6653 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Blown Powerhead
04/01/03 at 22:31:22
Quote Print Post  
Well folks, the green machine has ground to a halt - probably for the rest of the year.

Auburn Sports have diagnosed broken rings and possible cylinder damage on the Nitro - something around $2500 to rebuild the powerhead, possibly $2000 to buy a rebuilt unit PLUS fitting costs. Maybe a good time to look into a bigger motor?

Guess I'll be backseating for the whole of this Season, at least until I can figure out the solution and get it fixed, traded-in or upgraded!!

I know there are no promises on backseats for a whole season with one person, but if anyone would be prepared to put with me, I'd happily fish with anyone who has a backseat available for any tournament including the Jamboree and some of the Opens.

Next point, the plastic boat is now definitely up for sale, first $800 offer gets the boat, Humminbird DX200 sonar and Minn-Kota 30lb Endura motor, all with less than 50 hours on the water.

Work Phone 206-461-1282
Home after 7pm 425-771-0613

If I hadn't had so much fun I would say this sucks!!!

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Blown Powerhead
Reply #1 - 04/01/03 at 23:59:41
Quote Print Post  
Faz,

So very sorry to hear about your troubles. I will do my best to see if you can fish at least one tournament with me.
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/02/03 at 03:04:51
Quote Print Post  
I thought that was your machine at Auburn....I have an opening for the Banks tourney and maybe the Jamborree.........Lets talk.

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/02/03 at 04:32:10
Quote Print Post  
Ouch, Faz, that is a big bummer. Sorry to hear about that.

Your fellow backseater friend,
Chris

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/02/03 at 05:56:05
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Guys, it means a whole load to me... Larry and I have already hooked up for Banks in June. I'd be very happy to fish any tournament with you.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/02/03 at 13:42:22
Quote Print Post  
I think I'll be at the jamboree Leftennant. Smiley

SMAJ. Kiss

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/02/03 at 17:17:00
Quote Print Post  
Sarge (the Smitty variety, not the Chris...) it would be a pleasure to fish and chew the fat with you.... thanks.

IP Logged

Hunter
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/02/03 at 19:48:21
Quote Print Post  
Well that just sucks!

I have not yet joined, nor have I come to a meeting. But I plan too. Being new to the Seattle area I always have a seat open.

And with the price of gas why waste a seat.

Besides I have lots to learn about bass fishing. So it would be nice to fish with someone and learn alittle.

Hunter

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/02/03 at 21:06:10
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the offer Hunter, I hope we see you soon at a club meeting, the next one's Thursday April 17th..... come on over!!

regards
Richard FAZ

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #9 - 04/02/03 at 23:32:43
Quote Print Post  
Faz, hope you still plan on Duck for the draw.  Bummer deal, and Dave from ASM just discussed the likes of  Evinrudes at the last meeting.  Really sorry to hear about that.  I guess for the time being I'm just a little faster, to be lighthearted.  See ya at the meeting.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Hunter
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/03/03 at 01:21:46
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there this month.

I'll sned ya an email if I head out fishing over the next couple of weeks.

Hunter

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/03/03 at 03:08:24
Quote Print Post  
Well I wasn't going to go public with this for another month but my Skeeter will be for sale if your interested.  $8000 w/o the LMS240 GPS.
I am getting a newer boat and bigger tow rig but don't plan on selling the Skeeter until I take possession of the new boat (which I have not put a deposit on yet).  I don't want to be without a boat during tournement season. Anyway, if anyone is interested give me a call  253-838-0207.

IP Logged

Hunter
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/03/03 at 04:05:18
Quote Print Post  
I'm a new boat owner. (2003)

I'm wondering how old your motor is. And what do you think that cause of the problem is? Also what make is it? HP?

When I launched at Vantage over the weekend a guy was pulling out with an 1959 boat and motor runabout. That is old. Did they make motors better back in the day?

PS.. I fell in love over the weekend. A guy was pulling out of Banks as I was pulling out. He had a brand new Nitro with a 225 Yam. Awesome looking boat.

Hunter

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/03/03 at 06:32:10
Quote Print Post  
Hey Richard, me floata is sous floata.  Let me know if you want to borrow the tin.  Between a returning back seater and new member and a new ambassadee it might get tight but you know your always welcome with me.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 04/03/03 at 09:36:04
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Terry & Doug and all who replied.... this club is  awesome, and I hope a lot of new people see this thread. This encapsulates the whole reason we are the best club around - people are helping each other all the time.

I guess I'll have to start keeping notes so that I don't wind up accepting duplicate offers for a tournament. I still hope to fish every tournament and the Jamboree. I'm  picking up the boat Thursday, and  going to Potholes for the day Saturday (leaving Friday night) courtesy of Daryl - seems there's a small groupo hitting the 'Holes, one of my favorite waterbodies 8).

Ha ha Terry... guess ya got me there Tongue

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo