Normal Topic What do you think? (Read 2871 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

What do you think?
02/23/03 at 01:54:12
Quote Print Post  
As we all know, the Angler Of The Year recieves a Very Nice tournament shirt and plague recognising the high points angler for the Western Bass Club but for years we have had little to no recollection of who won the award in years past. As your Tournament Director this year I would like to offer a remedy to this.
A Progressive trophy......similar to the one used at the Bassmasters Classic where the Progressive Trophy stays with the club and the angler recieves the shirt and a copy of the progressive trophy with his/her name added to that years edition. As the years pass it will be necessary to add tiers to the progressive edition but the angler gets a trophy that will last long after the shirt has fed its last moth. So lets hear what you think because it will be you funding and winning this trophy. Thanks. Larry.

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Re: What do you think?
Reply #1 - 02/25/03 at 23:38:13
Quote Print Post  
Damn good idea Larry. To bad the club couldn't do something like that with "Stringer" and  Big Bass" etc.  also. Some clubs have a plaque that hangs on the wall and each year the new name is added.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/26/03 at 02:31:04
Quote Print Post  
I recall from my shooting club days that we had a set of really nice trophies that were mounted on solid wood bases and these had a small engraved strip added each year. The winner got to keep the REAL trophy for 30 days and then had to return it to the clubhouse where it went on display (slight problem for WBC here...) Each winner got a small shield (same sort of size as our smaller plaques) to keep.

The coolest part of this system was its historical value - some of the trophies we competed for went back to 1880!! Imagine the list of names as time went on, we even had one trophy that had been won by Grandfather, Father and Son from one family..... It would be cool to start and create a legacy of a similar type for our future members to look back on. Perhaps we could track back to the beginning and have every past winner engraved at the start. We have a good history, it would be great to preserve and honor it in some way like this.

Just my sixpenneth worth..............

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/26/03 at 15:48:42
Quote Print Post  
Board meetings coming, lets make it happen.V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 02/26/03 at 19:29:44
Quote Print Post  
Good idea Larry.  I would also recommend doing it for all the annual awards - President's Award, Member of the Year, Ambassader of the Year, etc.

I think the only issues would be where/when to display them, and who would be responsible for them.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 03/02/03 at 23:06:22
Quote Print Post  
Being a recipient of such a fine award I would be for it, however, I also am the proud keeper of 5 boxes of old trophies and memorabilia that I don't have room for.  My concern is noone to hold on to it or nowhere to display it.  Something to think about.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo