Normal Topic Feb. Freeze-In. (Read 3935 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Feb. Freeze-In.
01/31/03 at 16:16:01
Quote Print Post  
Hey Folks....Time again to make the pilgrimage to Gene Coulon and explore the depths for the brown and green critters we all know and love. I for one will have the Gambler ready and rear'in to go at 0800 with Coffee hot and anticipation loaded. Saturday looks like O.K. weather....( Meaning....rainy showers and maybe a little breezy ..) But the fish will be 35-70 ft deep and dont mind the rain at all! Remember...someone is going to start catching fish shallower than the rest, are you gonna be the one hearing they are shallow or catching them shallow?  P.S......This is why we buy the rain gear in the first place! Hope to see ya'll there! Larry.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Re: Feb. Freeze-In.
Reply #1 - 01/31/03 at 18:46:06
Quote Print Post  
Can't make it saturday, tooo many honey do's to complete!  Shocked  Maybe sunday. ???

Smitty

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/31/03 at 19:06:52
Quote Print Post  
I will be there on Saturday...backseating this weekend - the Green Machine is on chocks while I make a few repairs.

Last time out (Sat 18th) I got a 3lb 3oz on a dropshot at 30ft -ish (between 28-32).

Seeya out there.
Faz

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 02/01/03 at 04:16:41
Quote Print Post  
Sorry, won't be able to make it.  Too many things on my plate right now.  Between now and the first tournament, I doubt I'll get a chance to get out.  Undecided

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/02/03 at 04:05:24
Quote Print Post  
Well for all of you who thought " It's too cold!" or " I'll wait till March."  You are missing some Great Fishing!
From what I could see it looked like 4 boats with 7 anglers made the trek to Lake Wash. and the lake did not disappoint as Brian Walker and Ron Hankinson tore it up! Brian landed 5 Smallies.....yes thats a tourney limit in February! the biggest being 2.4 and Ron got I believe two Smallies ( I could be wrong on the total for Ron.) After fishing the AM solo and getting some hefty Perch, I fished with Mr. Fazakerley who had known where Brian had fished and Brian was kind enough to share a spot and afforded me my Green Slip fish of 1.10 Smally. Rich did land some perch tending to his Rep. as "The Perch Slayer". And the rest got perch or .......at least a tasty lunch at the Ivars at Coulon! So Totals.........
Anglers.........7.
Smallies........8.
Perch............20 or so...
Fun...............oh what the heck....Priceless!! he he.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/03/03 at 15:52:27
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the report Larry S.  Although it wasn't t-shirt weather...It was "shorts"  Cheesyweather.  Little rain lots of wind, Lots of water to be fished. I got skunked as usual be still had fun, thanks to every body that showed up, and Ivers is a good way to end the fishing day. Thanks for the company Chuck P. and to all the non-floters there were plenty of back seats open. Fish-ins and freeze-ins no one is left standing on the dock. We may need to put three to a boat but you will go!  That hasn't been a problem latley.....March 1, LETS GO FISHING!!
                                 V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 02/03/03 at 17:25:39
Quote Print Post  
Hey Virg,
Any thoughts as to a schedule of lakes for the Fish-Ins?

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/04/03 at 00:35:51
Quote Print Post  
Yes we will fish lakes.........! Kiss

I will put it out to vote at the g meeting to see where to go... but while I have it on the web site what do you think? where and when do you want to do? people? tell me!

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/04/03 at 01:25:19
Quote Print Post  
Virgil,

From past experience, it might be good to narrow down some choices for people before you bring up the lakes for discussion at the meeting. Like every year, you will hear a million different lakes and have trouble deciding which one to go to...

You might also want to use the information you gathered from your survey last year. If for instance there were a lot of people that wanted to stay close or a lot that want to travel longer distances, put a list of possible lakes together that fit the needs of most people involved. From that list, it would be a lot easier to vote and discuss where to go. Maybe 20 lakes or so?

Just some thoughts for ya...  Grin

Also, although I am going to be boatless this season, I would like to volunteer as a 2003 non-boater amBASSador, if you have a new member with a boat that wants an AmBASSador.

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo