Normal Topic Hey...Who's gonna win it? (Read 3289 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Hey...Who's gonna win it?
01/27/03 at 04:09:53
Quote Print Post  
Well, here we are in another fishing season......at least for the big guns in B.A.S.S. and why not see ....early in the year, if we can come up with a little ditty to see if we know our favorite pros like we should.
So here's the challenge........
Name your favorite Five (5) Pro anglers and how they will rank in the end of year standings.
Not too hard......oh sorry Virgil.....
The closest one to the top five anglers will get a prize to be named later but remember they must be entered here and cannot be changed........for those not on the internet some of us who are can take there quesses and put them up here so lets here it.....Oh and Glenn if there is a way to lock these in can we set that up? thanks...P.S. The deadline is by the Saturday following the February meeting..the 18th of Feb. No there is not a sponsor unless someone wants to divy up and is intended as fun only! Thanks. Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Hey...Who's gonna win it?
Reply #1 - 01/27/03 at 04:16:56
Quote Print Post  
Well since this is my post well, guess I will go first........

Mike Ioconnelli.....Bassmasters Classic Winner and 5th place overall.

Skeet Reese...Angler of the year...1st overall.

Kevin VanDam....2nd. Overall.

Roland Martin...3rd. Overall.

Jay Yelas.....4th. Overall.

Thats my five so get on it and ties will be dealt with severely.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/27/03 at 06:09:13
Quote Print Post  
Hey great idea Larry!  I'll have to get my list together.  By the way have you signed your team up for the FLW Fantasy Bassfishing League?  It's at:
http://www.flwoutdoors.com/ezine.cfm
I didn't do so well in the first tournament.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 01/27/03 at 17:36:30
Quote Print Post  
I can lock this topic to "view only" after the deadline.

As for my pics, I'll have to think about it for awhile.  Sure wish you were doing this two years ago when I picked both the Classic winner (VanDam) and Angler of the Year (Mark Davis).  I'm still befuddled how I managed that one!

Last year, my fantasy team placed somewhere around 640th overall.  This year, after one tournament, I'm somewhere in the 1,700's  - ewe.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/28/03 at 04:33:59
Quote Print Post  
Hey thanks Glenn, and as for Doug...My team is Sully's Slayers and their rank is 693rd place with 716 pts. my best angler was Alton Jones with a 29th place.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #5 - 02/09/03 at 04:03:54
Quote Print Post  
Well, here's my list:
  • Gary Klein - Classic Winner
  • Larry Nixon - Angler of the Year
  • Mark Davis - 3rd
  • Jim Bitter - 4th
  • Shaw Grigsby - 5th

Additionally, I think we'll see a large number of west coast anglers bubble up near the top (Ish Monroe, Skeet Reese, Luke Clausen, Mike O'Shea, Aaron Martens, etc).  B.A.S.S. will wish they didn't leave!

IP Logged

Hoosier Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/18/03 at 03:19:48
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys... I am too late for the contest but wanted to pass along a little story.  I fished the Everstart in AZ a few weeks ago.  I checked-in after a nice man at my hotel who I ended up hanging out with the whole 3 days.  He is a 65 year old retiree who has fished from the back seat with KVD, Clunn, and Fritz.  It was cool to hear his stories and comparisons.  I wish I had a story to tell but neither of my pros caught a fish so needless to say I didn't do very well.  - Bryan

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo