Normal Topic Lake Wa Fishin-No one showed??? (Read 2645 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Lake Wa Fishin-No one showed???
01/07/03 at 01:37:32
Quote Print Post  
Hey Virgil,,,,,,,,,

Where were you and the gang at the last fishin. I was the only one that showed up. I had to call Faz to join me.

If you all listen to the weatherman you will all miss out on fishin.

Got out on the water at 8:30 and it was flat as a pancake. Just a little rain and light winds in the afternoon.

Russ Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Lake Wa Fishin-No one showed???
Reply #1 - 01/07/03 at 15:01:58
Quote Print Post  
Russ,
After reading your post, I thought about the monsterous back-up I was stuck in on I-5 in the morning due to multiple accidents during a huge downpour, and those little whitecaps I saw later around 12:30 while crossing the I-90 bridge must've been isolated cases, so I checked the weather stats for Saturday at http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KBFI/2003/1/4/DailyHistory.html

Wind speeds were around 10-15, with gusts to 23mph for most of the afternoon, and they listed under events, "Rain, Thunderstorm"

Certainly not a blow-hard like Riffe or Sprague, but not "light winds" and "just a little rain" either.  Of course, all us bass fishermen like to embellish a little, don't we?   Wink

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/07/03 at 15:51:43
Quote Print Post  
Russ. I think we were playing it safe....and dry!  Fish-ins are a club event were where freeze-ins are a group of guys that want to fish in the dead of winter....and wear shorts. my question to you is where were you when Faz and I were the only ones that drove 2 hours to the fish-in last year to big lake and were the only ones there? Undecided
   No really, when I got up Sat. am it was raining sideways, went back to bed for two hours, got back up and it was still raining hard, So I didn't go and I was hoping that others weren't either. I did go down to IVERS at 1pm and met up with the diehard Walker that was there at the launch from 8-8;30 before he launched, and with Larry S for lunch. We had a great time! missed you, you should have come for lunch. Anyway, thats my story and I'm stickin to it.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/07/03 at 19:42:07
Quote Print Post  
well, I nearly missed it - I got up at 6.30 and the wind and rain in Edmonds were pretty miserable so I watched the International Bass Cup, that is until Russ called me and told me the place was flat and calm.

I launched at about 845am from East Mercer, and as Russ said, it was flat and calm. The rain and wind came in sporadic bursts throughout the day - the roughest water we encountered was up near Bill Gates place, but even then it was less than half as bad as the rough stuff Brian Walker and I fished last year.

We hit a few average sized Perch in a couple of spots, but could not find any smallies  Sad typical for me I suppose. Shame we didn't meet up with Brian Walker out there, I would have loved to get Bryan (Hooiser Bryan) a smallie for his first time out on Lake WA. Would'nt have minded one myself either.

I guess I'm just more desparate to catch the critters than most, probably because I haven't caught that many yet, I'll probably calm down in five or so years Grin

See ya at the Banquet!!!

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #4 - 01/09/03 at 03:47:43
Quote Print Post  
Hey, All you guys that wimped out missed some good fishing. Sure it rained a bit, and the wind was a little annoying, but after putting a 4.7 and a 5.2 in the boat, all those things just didn't matter.  ;]

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo