Normal Topic Rippin' Tentacles (Read 2473 times)
Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Rippin' Tentacles
01/01/03 at 20:08:15
Quote Print Post  
Caleb and I were out the other night on the Des Moines pier slayin' the squid.  It was the perfect squiddin' night with cold rain and wind.  The action didn't were pick up until about 12:30am, we bailed around 1:45am.  We fried 'em up the next night and boy howdy were they good. 
We also managed two bottom fish that were about 10" long, I think must have been Sculpin.  Caleb said they had big smiles.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Re: Rippin' Tentacles
Reply #1 - 12/01/03 at 02:42:57
Quote Print Post  
Well it was time again to venture out into the dark of night to lower the water level of the sound by hooking up some squid.  We managed to get out earlier than usual and catch our limit of squidwerds before midnight.  Thanks to the recent article in the PI the pier at Dez Moinez was pretty crowded.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/01/03 at 02:48:19
Quote Print Post  
Hey Doug.....how bout a Squid-In? can you tell us the next weekend day (s) when some of us can go and meet somewhere to try some squid'in? I have eaten it in restaurants but have no idea how to clean and prep the buggers. Thanx! Larry

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/28/03 at 23:57:27
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry, we're gonna make a pilgrimage out to the Des Moines pier tonight around 7:00PM.  High tide is at 8:00.  We went out last night but it quickly turned into a debacle.  After a short time with steady 25 mph winds all my jigs and three buckets and squid were blown off the pier.  Trying for redemption tonight.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/29/03 at 07:29:33
Quote Print Post  
Doug as you can see it's midnite 30, I should be with you instead of here not sleeping. Let us know again. vw

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/29/03 at 18:59:12
Quote Print Post  
Sorry Doug...more notice and been sick anyways Angry....awakened last nite at 10:30 to the sounds of glass breaking as my neighbors house was burning down!......stayed up till 2AM making coffee and sandwiches for the guys....Man it was cold out there! Fire gutted two rooms and hallway but smoke damage throughout....what a S%$#^% way to start the new year.....

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo