Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FREEZE-INS (Read 11775 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: FREEZE-INS
Reply #15 - 11/11/02 at 16:05:05
Quote Print Post  
The Bellevue side, about 30-50 yards from the NO WAKE buoy directly in front of the big Cream-colored house.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 11/12/02 at 01:44:07
Quote Print Post  
Well Caleb and I finally got into the perch.  We were slaying them.  We found about 4 separate schools of them.  We had one smallie on the Rev. rig but he came unbuttoned.  Groat Pt. was our hot spot.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11/23/02 at 23:41:53
Quote Print Post  
Ok the news letter is out and there are a few changes to be made on Dec. Freeze-in.  It will be Dec. the 7th. @ 8;00 am at GENE C park. Lunch will be bumped up an hour at 1 pm. at Ivers. who's planning on coming????

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #18 - 11/27/02 at 06:43:46
Quote Print Post  
I think I'll give it a go.  Depends on how windy/cold it will be.  Freezing temps and/or howling winds are not my idea of "fun".  Barring that, however, I've got to give this winter fishing thang an honest shot.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 11/27/02 at 19:42:58
Quote Print Post  
Winter fishing is a blast as long as I fish with Faz......Sorry Virgil....0 for 3 on Bass is just not cutting it.......he he he he he....I could say that Faz has a "Lock" on the fish but that would be mean.

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 11/27/02 at 21:53:38
Quote Print Post  
I will be there barring really bad weather. 
By the way, if any of you are experiencing excessive line twist on the weight line while rev-rigging try this;  drill a hole through the round weight and drive a framing nail all the way in from the leading edge of the weight.  This will act as a rudder to stabilize the weight as it bounces along the bottom.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 12/02/02 at 20:07:01
Quote Print Post  
Virgil, I'll be there, although I may launch at East Mercer, since the difference in price is about the same as the cost of the extra driving... I will have a backseat available, and if Hoosier Bryan is there had already said I'd take him. If not, I'll have space!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 12/05/02 at 04:18:08
Quote Print Post  
HEY!....... Cheesy WHO IS GOING TO THE "FREEZE-IN"? It is Saturday the 7th at 0800 at Gene Coulon........( Thats on Lake Washington for those from outta town...) I will be there with the "GAMBLA" so looking to see lots of faces there!

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 12/05/02 at 16:24:07
Quote Print Post  
I might get my tired butt out of the rack, call the Snakeboat out of hibrenation & join you all for some Perch Jerkin.

Smitty Shocked

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 12/06/02 at 18:49:28
Quote Print Post  
I heard from Bryan today - he's under the weather and won't be coming out, so I have an empty backseat this Saturday for the Freeze-in (I'll be at work 206-461-1282 till 5pm). I am still launching from East Mercer since the maker of my favourite drop-shot lure has kindly agreed to meet me there on Saturday morning at about 7am for a resupply!!! Now that's what I call Customer Service!!

Seeya out there.....

FAZ

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #25 - 12/07/02 at 02:45:55
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there too.  I'd take Virg, but I want to catch fish!   Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 12/08/02 at 02:45:31
Quote Print Post  
Okay you slackers!.....Those of you who did not make the Freeze-In on Lake Washington today you missed an interesting affair as eight boats with ten people enjoyed Loads of fish with Smallies, Perch, Squawfish, trout and Yes the elusive sculpin being represented......all these after the adventure of navigating with visibility of less than 30 ft! LOVE THAT FOG!! Tongue The highlight I would have to say was the comraderie as all had a great lunch at the Ivars at Coulon so "Catch" the next one will ya!!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #27 - 12/08/02 at 17:13:54
Quote Print Post  
I had a blast.  You're right, Larry, lunch at Ivar's was a kick.  It's been awhile since I've been to one of these, and I was reminded of what I've been missing.

I had the pleasure of taking out Jim Shaffer (a.k.a. "Backlash") who lived up to his nickname in a unique way - he managed to "backlash" both our lines!!  In addition, I think if I had the opportunity to watch paint dry or watch Jim tie knots, I think I'd watch the paint because it wouldn't take as long!!   Grin Grin

Just kidding with ya Backlash!   Cheesy  I just hope you can change diapers faster than tying knots!

Oh, and, yes folks, it's true, Virgil still wears shorts even in December.  Aaahhh!  Run A-Waaay!!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 12/08/02 at 22:59:05
Quote Print Post  
Grin was that fun or what, thanks everybody for coming and making the first official freeze-in a bone chilling success. V-dub-ya

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 12/09/02 at 00:09:20
Quote Print Post  
That was a load of fun, the sense of calm isolation first light when the fog was thick was rather eerie... idling down the side of Mercer Island I saw things I never usually take the time to see, too busy blasting down the lake to get to a spot fast.

The lunch was fun too - thanks Larry!!

By the way, I'm out fishing tomorrow MONDAY - anybody else planning on being out there?? Call me at home 425-771-0613

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo