Normal Topic WBC's Grand Slam Fish (Read 1393 times)
Larry G.
Ex Member

WBC's Grand Slam Fish
10/31/02 at 14:01:57
Quote Print Post  
If you have ever considered chasing after WBC's Grand Slam Award, Lake Washington is primed to help. One of the Six fish needed is a 1 1/2 LB Perch. In my last 4 trips out I have caught at least one of these jumbos.
Add to that, last Tues. was the best day of Perch fishing I have ever had, 40 plus perch 12-13 inches, topped off with 2 in the 14 inch bracket and one that went over 2 lb.
The key to this success has been trolling Jointed Rapala's on a 3-way rig. Those of you who saw Chuck Bailey's Seminar last year might know this as the REV-RIG.
Use 3 ounces of lead and a 3-4 foot leader to the Jointed Rapala. 42-55 foot range has been crucial.
Now the hard part, get that boat moving at a good clip.
I am using a 71 pound thrust trolling motor and I have my speed set at 4-5, that is moving, by bass fishing standards, hence the need for 3 ounces of lead.
PS for those who might turn their noses up at the thought of Perch jerking, note that Tues. we also landed 4 Smiles ranging from a 4-12 to 3-14 just a bonus.
Larry G.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: WBC's Grand Slam Fish
Reply #1 - 10/31/02 at 20:16:38
Quote Print Post  
Forget it, I got it all wrong!! I thought it was a 2lb Perch, and have thrown back a couple of 1 1/2 lbers  Embarrassed Embarrassed - back to the drawing board.

6lb Walleye
5lb Largie
4lb Smallie
2lb Crappie
1 1/2 lb Perch
1lb Bluegill

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo