Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Re: Rod Discussion (Read 11649 times)
bassin9
Ex Member

Re: Rod Discussion
10/21/07 at 04:47:43
Quote Print Post  
Joel_Booth wrote on 10/20/07 at 03:27:01:
I was able to make it to the meeting now that I live in Seattle and there was no skills challenge since the weather kept a lot of people home.  But as beginners luck would have it I won the Ordello rod at my first meeting, so it was fun for me without the skills challenge. Smiley

By the way, where was that pole made, some where local? I took a look at it and thought that it was a very nice pole except I had not heard of the name before. What I thought was cool, was it said the clubs name on it .  
« Last Edit: 10/22/07 at 02:15:08 by »  

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Re: Oct. Meeting.
Reply #1 - 10/21/07 at 05:15:07
Quote Print Post  
Here is the a link to the Ordella website: http://ordellarods.com/

Stu

IP Logged

bassin9
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/21/07 at 05:19:55
Quote Print Post  
StuK wrote on 10/21/07 at 05:15:07:
Here is the a link to the Ordella website: http://ordellarods.com/

Stu

Thanks Stu. Any idea how they compare to st. croix or g- loomis?

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/21/07 at 05:24:53
Quote Print Post  
My understanding is that they are between a Loomis GLX and an IMX.

Not sure about the St. Croix comparison.

Stu

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #4 - 10/21/07 at 05:25:30
Quote Print Post  
The cool thing about living in Washington is that we have Lamiglas and G Loomis rods made in Woodland, and Ordello rods made in Vancouver.  So there should be something local for everyone's taste.  It was really nice when I lived in Kelso, because I could just drive down and return broken rods and they never gave me a hassle or asked a lot of questions.   Wink

IP Logged

bassin9
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/21/07 at 05:36:06
Quote Print Post  
Thanks guys, the reason I was asking is, that I'm a loomis guy myself but it's hard to find the specific pole I am looking for locally. So I was looking in investing in St.Croix until I saw that Ordella at the meeting. Unfortunately, that's the only place I've seen it. Maybe it was because I was not looking past the loomis.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/21/07 at 16:47:01
Quote Print Post  
Bassin9,

There is 4-5 Ordella Pro Staff guys including myself in WBC. The rods are very similiar to Loomis but at a 30-40% discount. The rods are made in Vancouver unlike Loomis in Japan since they are owned by shimano-Maybe Smitty can correct me on this one.

I own several Ordella rods. What specific application rod are you looking for and maybe I can get you a demo rod.

Russ

IP Logged

bassin9
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/21/07 at 17:16:36
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Bassin9,

There is 4-5 Ordella Pro Staff guys including myself in WBC. The rods are very similiar to Loomis but at a 30-40% discount. The rods are made in Vancouver unlike Loomis in Japan since they are owned by shimano-Maybe Smitty can correct me on this one.

I own several Ordella rods. What specific application rod are you looking for and maybe I can get you a demo rod.

Russ

Yeah Russ, Fisrt, not sure what a pro staffer is but clue me in please. Second, I have a loomis crankbait and spinnerbait rod that I am very happy with but I've been thinking about getting another crankbait and tube rod. I have 2 loomis poles in mind but would really like to try an ordella. Right now, I use a basspro rod to dropshot with which I am happy with but since my wife is going to be fishing with me next year, I thought it might be a good idea to look into some more gear. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #8 - 10/21/07 at 17:27:09
Quote Print Post  
Good to hear you made it Thomas...sorry I did'nt as I love the Skills Challenge! Maybe we will try it in November. No trees fell in the yard this storm but alot of branches and on neighboring lines. had no power for just over 5 hours so not bad!
Dont forget about the Fish-in on the 10th of Nov.! Hope to see ya'll there!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/21/07 at 17:27:09
Quote Print Post  
Thomas,

Ordella has both of those covered. The tube rod is a ISJ 783 and the cranking rod I recommend is a custom fiberglass that Ordella makes that is awesome. Some of the guys in the club can tell you how much they like it. E-mail me your number so I can call you later in the week to discuss a trial.
Russ

IP Logged

bassin9
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/21/07 at 17:30:33
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Thomas,

Ordella has both of those covered. The tube rod is a ISJ 783 and the cranking rod I recommend is a custom fiberglass that Ordella makes that is awesome. Some of the guys in the club can tell you how much they like it. E-mail me your number so I can call you later in the week to discuss a trial.
Russ

Will do Russ, thanks for the help.

IP Logged

bassin9
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/21/07 at 17:35:52
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Good to hear you made it Thomas...sorry I did'nt as I love the Skills Challenge! Maybe we will try it in November. No trees fell in the yard this storm but alot of branches and on neighboring lines. had no power for just over 5 hours so not bad!
Dont forget about the Fish-in on the 10th of Nov.! Hope to see ya'll there!

Yeah Larry, wasn't sure if the club was going to have a meeting, but since the location is about 10 minutes from my house I figured I would check it out. Glad to hear there was no major damage around your place, just had alot of leaves  and branches at mine. I'll be sure to make the fish-in on the 10th.

Thomas

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #12 - 10/21/07 at 18:28:48
Quote Print Post  
Russ,

Loomis rods are made in Woodland, along with Lamiglas rods.  Even though Shimano owns Loomis I have had Shimano rods that were made in Woodland.

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #13 - 10/21/07 at 23:55:25
Quote Print Post  
St. Croix has a sweet fiberglass crankbait rod. (PGC66MMF for the 6'6" and PGC70MMF for the 7')

For the tube rod, the two top series rods are the Legend and the Elite series. You can get a 6'8" or a 7' in either model.

Mike

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 10/22/07 at 01:55:12
Quote Print Post  
Buy Whatever rod suites you is best. For a crankin rod I prefer a rod with a soft fiberglass tip with a sturdy backbone. Ask anyone in the club what they fish and i am sure they would let you try out their crankin rods.

-Nick
« Last Edit: 10/24/07 at 02:37:05 by »  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo