Normal Topic Just back from Banks Lake (Read 2116 times)
Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Just back from Banks Lake
05/17/07 at 04:08:49
Quote Print Post  
Got back last night from Banks for the first time.  Fished all day Monday and most of Tuesday.  Got some pointers from other members and it was non-stop action on Monday.  We stayed at Steamboat Park and first fished the punch bowl flipping, pitching, cranking, spinnerbait, senko...all seemed to catch fish.  Most fish, however were quite small mostly in the 1-2lb range.  Both largies and smallies were in all phases of the spawn throughout the lake.  Tuesday was a little slower, but I still manage to catch some fish...mostly smallies.  Biggest one went 2.6lbs.  We caught some monster perch as well.  Overall a great experience and will definetly do it again. Smiley

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Re: Just back from Banks Lake
Reply #1 - 05/17/07 at 13:12:58
Quote Print Post  
Hey there "Y2SAYS",
  Don't be frustrated with a 1-2 pound average on Banks.  That has won many a June WBC tournament.  I weighed in 9 lbs. on Saturday and 9 lbs. on Sunday a few years ago and won it.  If you can get 5 two pounders two days in a row, you'll be doing just fine.  Normally, a 3.5 to 4 lber is BIG FISH in our June tournament.  Sounds like you had a great time (while the rest of us slaved away).  Don't complain too much, some of us might just "hunt you down"!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: Just back from Banks Lake
Reply #2 - 05/17/07 at 15:52:35
Quote Print Post  
Oh no...don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining at all about the size of the fish.  Their fight and aggressiveness made up for their lack of size.  My best 5 on the first day went 9lbs and the second day was close to that.  Reminded me of the 2005 bassmasters where a 2.5lb fish was a like a 5lber.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo