Normal Topic Does anyone fish the "Fat Ika" (Read 2368 times)
WCCT
Ex Member

Does anyone fish the "Fat Ika"
01/10/07 at 03:46:59
Quote Print Post  
I was just wondering how many of you fish the Ika.  I just came out with my version of it, and was interested to know how the popularity of these baits are.  If you haven't fished them, you are missing out big time Wink  Rigged skirt up with a 4/0 EWG hook, they flat out knock em dead.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Re: Does anyone fish the "Fat Ika"
Reply #1 - 01/10/07 at 14:36:49
Quote Print Post  
I've got 4 colors and 2 sizes that I use regularly with an Owner "J" bend #2 or #3 hook.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/10/07 at 15:09:48
Quote Print Post  
They are pretty hard to find too...lost 5-6 bags of them when the boat was stolen last year...('05)

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/10/07 at 16:46:04
Quote Print Post  
These baits dont work.  They are junk, I would never fish with an ika.  They dont catch fish, only fisherman.

NOT......

Hey DJ, glad you have started making them full time.  They are excellent drop shot and skipping baits.  Like Larry said, they can be difficult to find.  But with you making them now, we all can have a good supply of them.

Mark

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/10/07 at 16:52:34
Quote Print Post  
I don't like the Yamamoto ones that much because they are pretty hard. If yours are softer, I think that would be a big improvement.

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo