Normal Topic 1st day with new boat...Lk. Wash. (Read 1160 times)
Y2SAYS
Ex Member

1st day with new boat...Lk. Wash.
05/29/06 at 05:59:59
Quote Print Post  
Took the boat out for the first time today with two of my buddies and man was it different from my 17ft G3.  Water was choppy and rain fell on us all morning, but the boat handled it fine.  There were many first for me today.  First time catching a fish there on a spinnerbait, finally caught decent size fish on a dropshot and finally caught them over 20ft deep.  Didn't catch any monsters, but after almost a month without fishing, any fish would work.  Water temp was around 58.  Now that I somewhat figured out the dropshot bite I'll venture a little deeper where the big boys live.  All this time I was expecting to feel a bite, but it's more like a slight tension of the line.  I probably missed a bunch of hits before and didn't even know it. Undecided  The bites were really soft.  Who knows, maybe it was the cold temp and weather.

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Re: feeling the bite
Reply #1 - 06/08/06 at 03:54:07
Quote Print Post  
If you're using spinning reels, hook the line over your index finger tip. If you're using baitcasters, choke up on the reel and hold the line between thumb and index finger. You'll find it a lot more sensetive. A bite really feels like an electrical  Shocked shock, even on monofil. Bonus: It makes you slow down a bit, and work the bait more with the rod. Both are huge +++'s.  8) C&R, Steve

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: 1st day with new boat...Lk. Wash.
Reply #2 - 06/23/06 at 05:24:37
Quote Print Post  
Y2,

Aslo go to an Ordella Drop shot rod.
Now that will make all the difference in the world on feel.
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo