Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) April Fish-In. (Read 5825 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

April Fish-In.
03/31/03 at 02:50:19
Quote Print Post  
Hey Clubbers! One word before the next Fish-In.......NEW. As in New Fishing License....They expire on Monday the 31st so do'nt forget it or ....you can forget it! Hope to see Ya'll at Denny's for b-fast and then at Coulon.

IP Logged

BAX
Ex Member

Re: April Fish-In.
Reply #1 - 03/31/03 at 03:23:16
Quote Print Post  
Hey thanks for the reminder! Shocked

Don B

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/31/03 at 16:02:06
Quote Print Post  
Hey thanks Larry for covering my 6, that was on my list.
  Once again the fish-in will bee at Gene Coulon boat launch at 7;30. We will also be meeting at Denny's off of 405 exit 7 at 6am if you want to get togather for breakfast or a cup of joe. launch at 7;30 fish till lunch at 12:30, we will meet at Ivars or kid valley...(kid valley has never supported any of the events that c.a.s.t or fishing kids has held there) If it's nice we will eat outside, if it's not will eat in Ivars. you can go home than or go back out after lunch.
   One thing to remember,our fish-ins are usually held the first Sat of the month, except June 7th and Sept. 6th. These months the fish-ins will be the second weekend of the month, Because fishin kids and c.a.s.t.
will be held those weekends. If you must choose between those events and the fish-ins please pick those events, your heart will be much more rewarded for it. Gatta go will write more later. V-Dub-ya

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/31/03 at 17:18:39
Quote Print Post  
Hey V-Man, While were on the subject, July's fish-in falls on the 5th with the fourth of July weekend should we move it to the 12th? The water is gonna be a nightmare anywhere we go on the weekend of the 4th. p.s. we could back it off to the 28th but there is a tourney for C.A.S.T. that weekend at Banks Lake. Just a thought to mull over!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/01/03 at 15:51:54
Quote Print Post  
I like it! jot that down, At this point lets make it the 2nd weekend for now and talk about it later.
vw

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/03/03 at 16:01:03
Quote Print Post  
For the April fish-in we will meet at Denny's for breakfast at 6am. for those pulling boats there are acouple things to consider. When you go down the hill to D's if you take the first turn into D's and than a sharp Left there is parking for maybe 6-8 boats. If you go just past that Left and around the bushes there is lotza parking. feel free to just pull around the corner and park up agenst the curb, you might even want to double park, because you can just pull out of the lot ahead of you. See ya at D's V-DUB-YA

Ps May's will be at Lawrance Lk. Any body with good directions can you get them to me at the fish-in or by e-mail so I can get them in the news letter this month? and the rest don't worry, we will have a breakfast before that one two and you can follow the crowd. Potluck and hot dogs for that lunch. VW

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 04/03/03 at 16:53:00
Quote Print Post  
Hmmm.... quite a long drive for us northern guys.  I'll pack a suitcase!   Shocked

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/03/03 at 23:01:22
Quote Print Post  
Virgil,

I think Lawrence in May should be fun. I hope to make that one. The ones in the past have been a blast! For people that weren't around then, a June fish-in on Lawrence Lake a few years back yielded a bunch of 3-6 pound largemouth, including one over 7 pounds for Faz! If conditions are right, this could happen again!

C'mon now, Glenn... you know how it is. You can't please everyone all the time. I haven't heard you complain about Big Lake fish-ins, but that is quite a haul for anybody from the south end. Make sure to pack some senkos and french fries in your suitcase Cheesy

Chris

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #8 - 04/04/03 at 01:41:25
Quote Print Post  
Just pointing out that all but 2 fish-ins were held south of I-90 last year, but I kept my mouth shut.  I'm quite certain had it been the other way around y'all wouldn't say anything either, right? 

Chris, this is the first time I've mentioned it.  I don't think it's right for a board member to come back with such a remark.

I'm not saying y'all should change things around to suit us northern folk.   Just keep it within reason.  Trips to Roy, Port Orchard and Tacoma are a bit much, that's all.

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/04/03 at 15:33:22
Quote Print Post  
Ouch, Glenn. Sorry to cause that kind of response. I was just kidding about the suitcase thing...

My only point, and you will understand since you were an AmBASSador director in the past, is that it is hard to please everyone in the club all the time. It's impossible. So when someone has to choose where to fish, they have to go with the majority most of the time. Take a look at the club roster and you will find that most people live Kent and south... all the way to Lacey! That is farther south from Seattle than Everett is to the north. It puts people like Virgil in a tough spot, so he does the best he can.

Chris

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/04/03 at 15:47:50
Quote Print Post  
???Thanks Cris, Thats all I'm trying to do! Cry

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/04/03 at 15:57:20
Quote Print Post  
Glen, Where would you like to go in June?....It's all yours! I have no plans yet.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #12 - 04/04/03 at 18:36:15
Quote Print Post  
Hey now, I'm not looking to dictate to the club where the Fish-Ins should be held.  That's Virgil's job.  Cheesy

However, when I originally designed the Ambassador program, I stated that the fish-ins should be held within an hour's drive of Seattle, and to balance the north & south.  Otherwise you begin to alienate those that live on either side when you place too many on one side of the "equator", especially if they're quit a distance from that central location.

I totally understand the compromise issue, and not making everyone happy.  That's why I'm willing to make so many treks down south.  If I had my druthers, we'd be having all the fish-ins on Goodwin, Stevens, Big Lake, and Cassidy.   Wink   But since that isn't fair to others, I think the equitable compromise is to keep the driving distances reasonable.  That's all I'm asking.

BTW, I'm not going to make it to the fish-in tomorrow.  Not because of the drive (lk. Washington isn't an issue), but because I need to get some work done on the boat prior to our tournament and this weekend is the only one I have available before then.  Have fun!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/05/03 at 01:21:11
Quote Print Post  
I'm sorry Glen, which lake was that in June ???

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 04/06/03 at 15:14:17
Quote Print Post  
Well.........Was that challenging or not?
For those who were not there Mother Nature decided to come to the Fish-In (uninvited of course!) on Lake Washington with white caps 2-3 ft. rollers and horizontal rain pushed by 15-25 MPH winds.
But the Western Bass Club did not back down!.....At least not till noon!
No fish were caught..at least not Bass as I got three nice perch in 30+ ft of water and it was almost unannymous for all anglers except Smitty who was pre-fishing for the ABA tourney next week having gotten one fish and for some anglers from Long Lake Bass Club who had a tourney on the lake.
Still a good time had by all and with 7-8  boats and 9 or 10 people we told stories at Ivars while enjoying hot Chowder and Coffee to finish things up.
Oh a Happy Birthday to Pat Sutherlund as he turns another page in his adventure.
I hope the anglers who went Pre-Fishing at Silver and Potholes had better weather (And luck!) as when it stormy here it is usually More stormy where they were.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo