Normal Topic March Freeze-In. (Read 2968 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

March Freeze-In.
02/21/03 at 07:03:31
Quote Print Post  
Hey Folks time to get off Lake Washington for a change of pace and hit Lake Sawyer in Black Diamond......for those not familiar with how to get there you take hwy 18 eastbound from I-5 or hwy 167 till you get to the s/e 272nd exit at Covington. Make a right to go eastbound thru Covington up to 216th ave s/e. Make a right turn and travel approx 1.3 miles to the first left after the fire station....if you see a spillway at the lake on your left you have gone too far as it is two streets before the spillway and it is signed "Boat Launch" on a standard brown sign. Hope to see you all there at 7:30. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Re: March Freeze-In.
Reply #1 - 02/21/03 at 15:57:27
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Larry! What are the roads if-n your coming from "in town"?
   What to expect at the freeze-in,
1) Virgil in shorts
2) a good time freezing with others,
3)We will be launching at or around 7:30,
4)We will fish till noon, have a potluck, switch back seat partners, fish till......?
   For the new members or the old members that haven't done this in awhile, Try and make contact with others (if your a backseater) and secure a back seat, ask your floater what you should bring:ie how many rods, how many tackle boxes, life jacket?
   REMEMBER EVEN IF YOU DON'T FIND A BACK SEAT BEFORE THE FISH-IN OR FREEZE-IN YOU WILL HAVE A RIDE! WE LEAVE NO ONE STANDING ON THE DOCKS.
   Please bring something for the potluck, enough for 2-3 people. I will bring stuff for hotdogs,plates plastic ware, cups. also bring acouple $$ to make this happen next month.
   non-floaters just try and be prepaired for anything, also keep in mind the floaters expences. (usually between $10-20, depending how far the trip is, if it's up and over the hump for a tournie, plan on picking up half the expenses. (there are alot of hidden costs in owning a boat and without the floaters all of us will be standing on the dock)
   Gotta get to work, will add more later. Call anybody you met last night if you have any ?????'s My # is 253-854-8911
                            V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/24/03 at 05:12:42
Quote Print Post  
Ok I'm back for a few minutes. This freeze-in we talked about at the meeting will be a little different than what I mentiond up above. This freeze-in we will be haveing pizza for lunch. so everybody that plans on eating will need to bring some moola....don't know what the cost will be or how many will be coming. At this point I suggest  at least $5 it might be more, any money that we might have left over I will add it to next months lunch as usuall. We will also need some people to bring drinks and mybe chips and stuff, once again any drinks left over will show up at the next event. We will be doing the hot dogs starting at the mays fish-in.               Anything else? Oh yah. This year in an effort to spread ourselves out, meet new people, learn what differnt poeple do, we will be doing a drawing for backseats. At this first freeze-in most of you have already talked to someone to get a back seat, thats ok. After lunch we will draw for our backseater, Thats really what the amBASSador program is about anyway.
   AmBASSadors should be tring to take out their amBASSadees other times than the fish-ins...the fish-ins are ment to be a get to know someone else time.
   If I can think of anything else I'll let you know, If you have any ????????'s give me a holler. V-DUB-YA
  Oh ps. my new e-mail address is virgil@westernbassclub.com    see ya on the water.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/01/03 at 04:16:34
Quote Print Post  
I hear folks are starting to back out well hold on little doggies.....we have five pizza's coming to this shin-dig with two desert pizzas and pop.....SO DONT LISTEN TO THE WEATHER CHANNEL.....IT IS GETTING TO BE SPRING TIME AND YOU ALL KNOW YOU HAVE TO PAY YOUR RAIN DUES SO SUCK IT UP AND COME FISH AND EAT PIZZA WITH FRIENDS. see ya there.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 03/01/03 at 05:37:33
Quote Print Post  
While I cannot make it to this event, I fully expect to make it to April's fish-in.  I assume we'll be doing the breakfast thing by then, so just let us know when & where and I'll be there....probably with my new amBASSadee - Keri!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/02/03 at 05:06:33
Quote Print Post  
Well,what a day huh? Beautiful weather, lots of folks uh, 17 or so in 9 or 10 boats lots of pizza.....(Thanks to Papa Johns for delivering to the launch!) the only thing missing.......the FISH! only one fish to my knowledge at press time was to Ron Hankinson at I think 2.4 lbs. a Smally but there were a lot of bites and as for me I failed to change a rig I knew was faulty and frayed and had two hits but lost the fish on the hookset at the frayed spot.....cannot do that when you might get one-two bites a day. But a good time had by all and hopes that Cliff Kuppinger gets his boat back up and running with a siezed or out of service engine......let me know Cliff if you need a ride anytime. Larry.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/03/03 at 04:51:35
Quote Print Post  
Hey there "Freezers" I have to ask a question......A question only one person can answer........This question goes out to the person who left at noon at the Freeze-in on Lake Sawyer to go and fish another water.......Well.........DID IT PAY OFF?? Have not seen it posted so maybe not but only YOU can answer so FESS UP!.............p.s........hopefully he caught fish as I zeroed but deep down......SKUNKBOY!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo