Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) All Fishing Banned on LK WA and Sammamish! (Read 5181 times)
Glenn_May
WBC Member

All Fishing Banned on LK WA and Sammamish!
04/29/16 at 18:48:59
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys, looks like we can't fish Lake Washington or Sammamish effective May 1st until further notice.  http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/apr2916a/

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Re: All Fishing Banned on LK WA and Sammamish!
Reply #1 - 04/30/16 at 09:58:33
Quote Print Post  
Just read the same thing. Looks like we need to move the June tournament just in case

IP Logged

bradpjohnson
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #2 - 04/30/16 at 10:09:17
Quote Print Post  
I agree.  Especially when I read they are working really hard to submit the permit in the next couple of weeks.  So if they have not even sent in the permit how long does it take to get after that?  The fishing should be really good once this is cleared up.

IP Logged

Tiger Shark
WBC Member

Bigfoot stole my wallet.

Reply #3 - 04/30/16 at 22:43:07
Quote Print Post  
I heard Whatcom was fishing good as well.

IP Logged

kwikstrom24
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/01/16 at 10:07:19
Quote Print Post  
https://www.votervoice.net/PSA/campaigns/46262/respond

Everyone, please follow the directions in the above link. It effectively sends an email to everyone who has power in this situation, explaining to them what our fisheries mean to us, and how we need to get them back as soon as possible.

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 05/06/16 at 10:49:32
Quote Print Post  
Enough with all the "save our salmon" rhetoric while they tout record catches and allow tribes to massively gillnet anything that swims.

They need to just put a ban on all salmon fishing.  Pretty soon, there'll be an abundant salmon population that eliminates any need for "special" rules and privileges.

Problem solved.

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #6 - 05/06/16 at 17:02:23
Quote Print Post  
This is a slippery slope for Bass fisherman as if a moretoreum is placed on Salmon/Steelhead then where will they go next.... Oh yeah... The Invasive Bass and Walleye species said to be culprits in the decline of those species....... We need to band together all clubs and represent our sport or we will have NONE!!

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #7 - 05/12/16 at 18:15:52
Quote Print Post  
http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/director/pugetsound_salmon_statement.html

Statement from WDFW Director Jim Unsworth on Puget Sound fisheries

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #8 - 05/27/16 at 07:53:31
Quote Print Post  
Here is the last update and an agreement has been reached.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/may2616b/
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/northfalcon/

With it in written in black and white, Lakes Washington and Sammamish are closed to fishing in September and October.

AIM  
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #9 - 06/24/16 at 15:39:14
Quote Print Post  

AIM  
IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #10 - 06/27/16 at 22:07:24
Quote Print Post  
Larry S. wrote on 05/06/16 at 17:02:23:
This is a slippery slope for Bass fisherman as if a moretoreum is placed on Salmon/Steelhead then where will they go next.... Oh yeah... The Invasive Bass and Walleye species said to be culprits in the decline of those species....... We need to band together all clubs and represent our sport or we will have NONE!!

I agree Larry! They've already declared open season on all warmwater species on the Columbia.  Total genocide is their goal...and we're letting it happen.

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #11 - 06/28/16 at 09:07:32
Quote Print Post  
Glenn_May wrote on 06/27/16 at 22:07:24:
Larry S. wrote on 05/06/16 at 17:02:23:

I agree Larry! They've already declared open season on all warmwater species on the Columbia.  Total genocide is their goal...and we're letting it happen.

Unfortunately it started with the early treaties made with the Indian tribes followed by the building of all the dams on the rivers. We as a generation are living the effects of the decisions made by our forefathers. Unfortunately we as warm water fishing enthusiasts are not organized and supported by any big money lobby interests. It takes time and money.  All I have seen from the "bass fishing community" is the blowing of a lot of hot air on another web site, in fact "they" (the biggest load mouths) blew off the notification of an organized protest in Lacey that had over a hundred organized protesters. It made the local news with not a mention of the concern of us warm water anglers. So until all of the regions anglers can come together as a united force the government and outside interests will prevail.

AIM  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo