Normal Topic Chaos on the Columbia (Read 1891 times)
Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Chaos on the Columbia
01/11/16 at 10:39:34
Quote Print Post  
Please read the entire series, tell us what you learned or how you feel.

http://www.insideline.net/index.php/pick-products/1788-chaos-on-the-columbia-pt-...

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Re: Chaos on the Columbia
Reply #1 - 01/11/16 at 14:24:57
Quote Print Post  
Disturbing. Great article written by stan. I knew him back in the day used to teach me how to trick cast. Sometime i'll show h guys the video....anyways what he expressed is exactly shat we discuss half the time. Its disheartening. People that find out i bass fish always act astonished "theres bass up here" or "people bass fished here?" Its funny how we are the ones who release and try to respect the lakes/fish. Yet we are the ones who get shit on.

IP Logged

derik
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 01/11/16 at 20:02:36
Quote Print Post  
I wonder how long before washington state changes the bag limits?

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 01/17/16 at 21:25:45
Quote Print Post  
Washington State already followed in Oregon's footsteps.  All limits have been removed.  The desire is to eliminate all warm water fish from the Columbia.

I sent an email to the new Director of F&W about it, and he said, "Our charter is to protect and grow the salmon and trout fisheries".

That's it. That was his response.

So if you read between the lines, he's saying they don't need science nor any other reason to decimate any species that is not a salmon or trout.

So must question the need for tournament banners and fees on the Columbia.  The banners are so you can continue to fish after getting a limit (clearly no longer needed as there is no limits).  And the fees?  What about them?  They do nothing for us, and instead use the money against us.

If they say, "Oh, but we use it to improve the launches"  Make no mistake about it, they're doing it for the trout anglers.  Not us.  If they improve a ramp, then you can be certain they're planning on killing off the lake so they can plant tiny hatchery fish in it to appease the slimers.

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo