Normal Topic State Tournament Fees (Read 2536 times)
Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

State Tournament Fees
12/22/15 at 11:30:05
Quote Print Post  
OK, let's hear your thoughts on the below topic copied from a post on wafish.com. What do you think?

4. Tournament fees. As part of the sport rules discussion, Burley mentioned there's a way for fishing tournament sponsors to reduce their tournament permit fees. My understanding is a sponsor pays a $24 application fee and a $70 processing fee, so a tournament permit costs a total of $94. Let's say a fishing club wants to sponsor tournaments on three weekends during the season. Normally, this would result in a $94 fee for each weekend tournament. However, if the club organizes the tournament as a single tournament held over three weekends, with one set of prizes awarded after the final weekend event, WDFW will allow the club to submit a single application for all three weekend events. This would save the club two-thirds of the permit fees it otherwise would pay. If you want more information about this, call Bruce Baker.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Re: State Tournament Fees
Reply #1 - 12/22/15 at 11:50:38
Quote Print Post  
Id vote Nay

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 12/22/15 at 17:41:17
Quote Print Post  
I would vote no also..... Rather I would say all of us Bass Clubs need to begin the process of petitioning for the removal of the fees and for an external audit of where our target species money is spent in relation to the general fund.. I am all for our fee money helping our target species but when it just goes to the general fund for Trout Stocking and Salmonid  restoration well, that is just wrong. Lets work on a solution rather than keep creatively dodging fees... they will just close the loophole next year...

IP Logged

Darren Thomas
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Common sense isn't so
common anymore.

Reply #3 - 12/22/15 at 21:20:48
Quote Print Post  
No thanks.

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/28/15 at 10:53:45
Quote Print Post  
Doesn't sound like a good idea Rodney.  It's good to hear that you're investigating this topic as the recent additional charges are coming out of the clubs coffers.

Could we follow up on Larry's suggestion to see where our " target species money is spent in relation to the general fund"?  Is there a law that says our bass tournament fees are supposed to be spent on improving bass fishing?  Sounds logical but I'm unfamiliar with the laws.  If spending the money on certain species is part of the law there is probably some record keeping and report of that fact.  I would ask Bruce Baker that.  Can you ask Bruce about this?  Or if you like, give me the phone number and I'll ask him.

If we knew our bass tournament monies were actually being spent on improving bass fishing that would take some of the sting out of the higher fees.

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 12/30/15 at 11:49:40
Quote Print Post  
Larry couldn't have said it any better!

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo