Normal Topic Lake whatcom (Read 4775 times)
derik
WBC Member

Lake whatcom
09/02/15 at 18:57:46
Quote Print Post  
Where are we staying at for this tournament?

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Re: Lake whatcom
Reply #1 - 09/03/15 at 06:59:16
Quote Print Post  
Larrabee state park.  I tried making reservations this past weekend but their online service was not working.  Will try again tonight.

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 09/03/15 at 11:28:35
Quote Print Post  
Site hasnt wrked for weeks. Could never get a call answered. Staying at guesthouse inn hotel lol

IP Logged

derik
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 09/03/15 at 15:46:46
Quote Print Post  
Called today and they said they are completely full for this weekend.

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/03/15 at 19:23:09
Quote Print Post  
I called at 7 PM today and the lady, and the website, showed Larrabee State Park as being full for 9/18 & 9/19.  The lady on the phone had me try Bay View State Park and I was able to make a reservation in site 29 with electrical service.  I looked at the remaining few open sites at Bay View and they didn't have electrical service.  I think the next closest state park is Birch Bay and they stopped taking reservations on 9/15, after that it's first come first serve.  That's what I know about camping at the state parks near Lake Whatcom.

I spoke with Carl Sabin tonight and he will be staying at the GuestHouse Inn because he heard good things about it from people he knows.  Here is the info that was on the Expedia site where it got good reviews.

GuestHouse Inn
Lakeway Drive, Bellingham WA
1-866-599-6674
« Last Edit: 09/03/15 at 23:16:49 by »  

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 09/04/15 at 09:05:37
Quote Print Post  
They have a semi parking area. Most likely no hookups. But batt shud be gud for 2days....(i might sweet talk see if i can get an hour or so somewhere on the property Smiley

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 09/06/15 at 09:53:00
Quote Print Post  
My expert planning went against me again, I could have swore I asked for that weekend off, but I'm scheduled to work that Saturday.  I'll see if I can switch with someone, but I also haven't nailed down a "campsite" either.  If I'm feeling up to it  I'll come fish Sunday and see how much fun I can have.  I can't remember the last time I fished a T.  Embarrassed

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #7 - 09/08/15 at 22:51:03
Quote Print Post  
From an email sent by P.J. Koshi.
Please pass this info on to Karl and anyone else who is attending Whatcom. It'll be an extra $5 per boat that's the only difference between this and all our other events. Entry including extra $5 will be $35. $25 entry and $5 big fish. If your a non boater it will be the usual $30.

Boaters have to pay $5 for an Invasive Species inspection. Have your boats and trailers clean and dry prior to heading up there, ensure your live wells are clean and dry, key word is dry.

Good luck and have fun.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/16/15 at 14:50:38
Quote Print Post  
The Lake Whatcom tournament is being run by WBA and will be launching out of Bloedel Donovan Park.

Check-in Time will begin 5:30 AM
Boaters Meeting will begin at 6:00 AM
Blast Off will be at Safe light approx 6:20-6:30 AM

Cost for tournament is $25 plus big fish option pot $5 and AIS inspection fee for boaters $5 for a total cost of $35 cash.  There is no ramp fee.

For all boaters your boats will need to have an AIS inspection done to your boat. Clean, Drain, Dry is the method that they promote for not allowing Invasive species for making a new home in a new body of water. So please make sure there are no aquatic vegetation hanging from your boat or trailer. Have your drain plug out so that the hull can drain and not have anything draining from it. Also your live wells will be inspected. From experience they will ask to have your live wells dried if there is any water in them. Also make sure the live wells do not have any aquatic vegetation in them as well. Just take a towel and dry them out or open your live wells for the next couple of days so that they can dry out if your boat is covered or in doors.

After you pull your boat out of the water a AIS representative will place a cable tether to the front of your boat usually around the boat strap bracket used by the trailer winch. It will allow you to not have to go through the boat inspection process again on Sunday morning. If the tether does break they will just simply do a inspection on the boat on Sunday without charge. So don't worry if it does break.

This is going to be a fun event at Lake Whatcom. I look forward to seeing you all there.

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/23/15 at 22:41:07
Quote Print Post  
Here are the results for the Lake Whatcom tournament. 

The tournament was a one day tournament with Sunday being called off due to high winds/waves.

Lake_Whatcom_Results.JPG ( 38 KB | 193 Downloads )
Lake_Whatcom_Results.JPG

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo