Normal Topic Deer season (Read 4203 times)
5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Deer season
08/25/15 at 05:20:33
Quote Print Post  
It seems every year that the October tourney is scheduled on the same weekend as opening day of deer and every year we say we won't let it happen again. It is again this year. I know a lot of us hunt. Ron,myself, Phil and several more won't be making Lk Wa. Can we try this next year to prevent it?????

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Deer season
Reply #1 - 08/25/15 at 09:36:18
Quote Print Post  
I'm in for this... but how many hunters are going out scouting weeks prior to opening day? we used to have this event on the first weekend and in favor of doing the fish-off event it has moved... yes, lets get it back where it belongs but only if those going hunting actually show up... we need more communication and we can be flexible... we can even change this years event as it is far enough away.

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #2 - 08/26/15 at 05:54:28
Quote Print Post  
Hopefully more people will chime in.  I can't speak for anyone else, but, I would definitely go if it wasn't the same day as opening day. Kind of the last hoorah for the fishing season......

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 08/26/15 at 11:36:31
Quote Print Post  
I do not hunt. However am in favor of whatever dates gets the most people for sure!

IP Logged

bradpjohnson
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #4 - 08/26/15 at 16:16:51
Quote Print Post  
It is also opening weekend for ducks and geese. I do not know if I will go or not due to all the morons hunting that weekend.  But it would be nice to be able to do both instead of having to choose one over the other.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 08/27/15 at 12:16:05
Quote Print Post  
Not to sound cold or blunt, but no matter what we choose, someone complains.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #6 - 08/28/15 at 05:46:17
Quote Print Post  
Terry, I'm not complaining. Never would.  Just saying that if there was a good reason why it always lands on deer season, I could understand.  I don't think there is though. I would like to be able to make the tourney, but, if it falls on opening weekend, I won't be there to donate my money to someone else!!!

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #7 - 09/02/15 at 18:38:58
Quote Print Post  
So Trerry texted me and said the Oct tourney had been rescheduled for the 10th and 11th but the tourney schedule on the forum says Oct 3 and 4.  What is the actual date now?  PS.  Thanks for making the change.  I'll be there either weekend...

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/03/15 at 06:58:25
Quote Print Post  
I'll make the changes to the site tonight to show what Terry said.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo