Normal Topic Will be at Banks from June 28 to July 3 (Read 2382 times)
karl7feet
Ex Member

Will be at Banks from June 28 to July 3
06/25/15 at 19:53:15
Quote Print Post  
I'll be fishing over at Banks lake from June 28 to July 3rd if anyone else will be there and wants to fish together.

If anyone has any tips for fishing in 100 degree plus weather I'm open to anything you have to offer!

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: Will be at Banks from June 28 to July 3
Reply #1 - 06/26/15 at 07:32:36
Quote Print Post  
Fish early mornings and evenings, enjoy shade during the heat and stay hydrated. Have fun!

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/26/15 at 18:41:38
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Rodney, your suggestions are at the top of my list.

I'm thinking of doing some night fishing.  Almost full moon and cooler temps.  We've been talking about doing a night fish-in, this may be my best opportunity.

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 06/27/15 at 17:09:27
Quote Print Post  
Devils punch bowl. Fish the reeds

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/02/15 at 10:02:36
Quote Print Post  
I had a good time fishing over at Banks but I only lasted two days, the 100 degree heat and mosquitoes got to me. 

On day one I went into the punch bowl and caught about 10 good largemouth, 2.25 lbs to 3.75 lbs fishing thinly spaced pencil reeds with a black hollow body frog on 40 lb braid.  That day there was cloud cover from 5 am till about 11 am, nice temps.  Also caught about 5 smaller fish at some other spots in the punch bowl, by rocks along shore by road.  Fished till about 3 pm.  Kept hydrated but the 100 degree temps just wear you down.

Day 2 there was no cloud cover,hotter from the very beginning at 5:30 am.  Went exploring to some spots I noticed on day 1 at the northwest end of the lake, bays with trees, and only caught a few fish at the mouths to the bay's, nothing the farther back I went, water was not moving, seemed dead, and was not clear like on main lake.  Caught about a 3 lb SM at the entrance to the bay where that campground is before you get to Coulée Playland, on a dropshot, but didn't get him in the boat because I didn't have the net handle extended and he threw the hook as I unsuccessfully tried to get him in the net, the net frame only got to past his gills, but the rest of his body was outside the net, that's when he threw the hook, frustrating, and it's 100 degrees out.

Here's a picture of one of the LM I caught on day 1 in Devils Punch Bowl.

image_004.jpg ( 272 KB | 134 Downloads )
image_004.jpg

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 07/02/15 at 14:33:31
Quote Print Post  
Nice job Karl!

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 07/04/15 at 17:48:22
Quote Print Post  
Congrats!

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo