Normal Topic Newest Member Fresh Water Hall of Fame (Read 2317 times)
Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Newest Member Fresh Water Hall of Fame
09/20/14 at 03:40:19
Quote Print Post  
Jim Owens – Washington

For more than twenty-five years, Jim Owens has been instrumental in introducing the sport of fishing to children. The charity that he founded, “Catch a Special Thrill” Foundation (C.A.S.T.), was inspired by his deep desire to join volunteers who love to fish with special needs populations for a day of fishing in the outdoors. In 2011 Owens further expanded the mission of the foundation by establishing the “Take A Warrior Fishing Program.” This program was designed to support military personnel and their families, specifically targeting persons assigned to Warrior Transition Commands. Owen served as President of the Washington State BASS Federation for 10 years and has twice been named the BASS National Federation Man of the Year for his work with Youth, Conservation, and warm water fishing issues in Washington State. He was instrumental in the development of the Washington State Warm Water Enhancement Stamp. He was appointed to the Washington State Youth Sportfishing committee which developed the first youth fishing outreach program, consequently affecting youth throughout the state. Owens was also a member of the Inland Fish Program Advisory Group for over 20 years.
« Last Edit: 09/20/14 at 05:46:11 by »  

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Re: Newest Member Fresh Water Hall of Fame
Reply #1 - 09/20/14 at 05:45:46
Quote Print Post  
Nice going Jim!  Always knew you were a quality guy. 

Here is the address for the Fresh Water Fishing page, just go down to the "2015 Press Release" blue button on the right to see the newest inductees and to see the write-up they have for Jim.

http://www.freshwater-fishing.org/

IP Logged

Castman
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 09/22/14 at 18:28:10
Quote Print Post  
Thankx Guys.  I am definitely proud of this honor, but not for the reason you might think.  I'm proud of it because it means that they have recognized that thousands of special kids and hundreds of wounded warriors have had the opportunity to enjoy fishing.  It also recognizes the fact that thousands of volunteers, like the ones in WBC, have volunteered their time and their expertise to make it happen.

I really don't do that much.  I just facilitate.  the volunteers make it happen and the kids make it special.

Thank you all!!!!

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #3 - 09/23/14 at 02:45:23
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Jim!

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 09/23/14 at 23:58:44
Quote Print Post  
Very nice!! Well deserved!!!

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #5 - 09/24/14 at 04:00:46
Quote Print Post  
congrats Jim!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo